Pepper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about Pepper. Andyes, it is so agonizing to watch them transition like that...I thinkmany of us have been there before as well. Such a feeling ofhelplessness and guilt goes along with it...and yet in so many cases,they go so quickly that there just isn't time to do anything.

You gave Pepper a wonderful life and surrounded him with love. Thelength of time he was here doesn't matter...it is the quality of lifethat he did have. And he certainly must have had a beautiful quality oflife with you and your husband. Bless you for loving Pepper the way youdo, with all your heart.

Sending you an etheric (((hug))) during your time of sadness...

~Di

:hug:

Hi again....Since I had my first bunny in about 1994 there have been so many times that I have lived in fear for there lives; my first bunny, Sheba, had a slow decline in eating and pooping before I finally took her to the vet. She had GI stasis and did survive but I didn't even know what GI stasis was at the time. Since that time I have attempted to learn every thing I can about rabbit health . A friend of mine recently lost one of her buns on the way to the vet (the bunny had had no symptoms until the previous night) and she is a rabbit saavy person. Part of owning a rabbit is living with the uncertainty that you might lose him or her suddenly no matter how smart you are or what you do. The best we can do is learn all we can learn and do the best we can. Pepper had a wonderful 2 1/2 yrs. and that is more than alot of rabbits get. I am still sad that you had to watch her die. That is very sad:(

angieluv wrote:
Hi again....Since I had my first bunny in about 1994 therehave been so many times that I have lived in fear for therelives; my first bunny, Sheba, had a slow decline in eating and poopingbefore I finally took her to the vet. She had GI stasis and did survivebut I didn't even know what GI stasis was at the time. Since that timeI have attempted to learn every thing I can about rabbit health . Afriend of mine recently lost one of her buns on the way to the vet (thebunny had had no symptoms until the previous night) and she is a rabbitsaavy person. Part of owning a rabbit is living with the uncertaintythat you might lose him or her suddenly no matter how smart you are orwhat you do. The best we can do is learn all we can learn and do thebest we can. Pepper had a wonderful 2 1/2 yrs. and that is more thanalot of rabbits get. I am still sad that you had to watch her die. Thatis very sad:(
Pepper was our first bunny,so I'm still learningon everything about rabbits and I found out alot of information on thisforum about them.Everybody on here is great and supportive. I guesseven when a person does know alot about rabbits,it doesn't always savethem,when they die so fast.I'm sorry about your friend who recentlylost her bunny.

I'm really sorry to hear about Pepper.We lost our first bunny a few weeks ago and its such a difficult thingto deal with.

ohh,im so sorry for you losing your bunny likethat,i know how hard it is when something soooooo precious leaves ourlives,it really is a heartbreaking time to have to go through that:(

You're right, Pepper's Mom.

When a bunny dies that fast, without any warning at all, it's not uncommon that not even the best veterinarian can help.

I'm glad he didn't suffer a long time, and that he died in your and your husband's arms.

:rose:

-Carolyn

Pepper wrote:
Lissa wrote:
Oh no.I am so sorry. Pepper was such a sweet rabbit.:(
Thank-you Lissa.I know how hard it was for you whenyou lost Lenci.Both our rabbits were young.My Pepper was only 2-1/2years old,he would have been 3 in February or March 2006.So he wasalmost 3 years old in a few more months.Pepper and Lenci will see eachin heaven.I 'm still crying as I'm writing this.I miss him &love him.
Lenci just turned 3 when she died. I know how you feel. My thoughts are with you.

Latest posts

Back