Pepper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper

Reaction score
I wanted to let you know our rabbitPepper just died little after midnight and we feel so bad.He wasn'teating and drinking or going to the bathroom.Iwasholding him andthen my husband was hanging on tohim,then he made a weird noise like choking and he was shaking,with a odor.Then,we put him back in his cage andthat wasit.I don't know what happened to him. He's only 2-1/2 years old.We feel so bad.He's such a young rabbit to go. Don'tunderstand why he had to go.

Oh no .. I am SO sorry this has happened! :(

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and have comfort in knowing that Pepper is in good hands at Rainbow Bridge.

:tears2:I am so very sorry. I know howmuch it hurts when they leave. If you haven't read the Rainbow Bridge Iwould suggest reading it, it has brought many of us,that lostour little angels, some comfort. Again I am so sorry.

Tina

Oh no, there is no words for you except I am very sorry that you lost Pepper.

It just makes you ache all over.
:rose:

:(I'm so sorry for you. It sounds likehe had a GI blockage and problems occur very quickly. I'm sure that Pepper had a really good life with you. I volunteer at a humane society where we have a roomful of abandoned little homeless bunnies. I hope that some day your hearts will be ready to try to bring another little bunny into your home. In the meantime I know that you must really feel terrible.:(

angieluv wrote:
:(I'm so sorry for you. It sounds like he had a GIblockage and problems occur very quickly. I'm sure that Pepper had areally good life with you. I volunteer at a humane society where wehave a roomful of abandoned little homeless bunnies. I hope that someday your hearts will be ready to try to bring another little bunny intoyour home. In the meantime I know that you must really feelterrible.:(
I had a question about the GI blockage,ifwewere to take him to the vet before he passed on would thathave saved him or would it still have been to late to savehim.I didn't know what was wrong with him and I did call atthe vets office,but couldn't get him in because it was yesterday(Friday) and the vet that sees rabbits was on vacation and with thisbeing the weekend vets most vets aren't open except emergency vethospitals.I went to a pet feed store and asked questions and theysuggested vitamins to give to him.

Pepper wrote:
angieluv wrote:
:(I volunteer at a humane society where we have a roomful of abandonedlittle homeless bunnies. I hope that some day your hearts will be readyto try to bring another little bunny into your home. :(
I had aquestion about the GI blockage,if wewere to take him to thevet before he passed on would that have saved him or would it stillhave been to late to save him.I didn't know what was wrongwith him and I did call at the vets office,but couldn't get him inbecause it was yesterday (Friday) and the vet that sees rabbits was onvacation and with this being the weekend vets most vets aren't openexcept emergency vet hospitals.I went to a pet feed store and askedquestions and they suggested vitamins to give to him.
Aw, I'm so sorry about Pepper. :tears2:

GI Stasis or blockageis actually usually a symptom, not acause, soit's very hard to know exactly what was wrong withhim. Hecould have had abug, orcancer or just about anything. The problem with bunnies isthey often -- very often -- don'tlet us know they're sickuntil its too late.There'sno guarantee avetcould have helped him, either, especially since therereally aren't a lot of bunny-savvy onesout there.You did thebest you could. I've seen your posts,here, and you were a very attentive and caringbunnyperson. I agree withAngieluv, I hope you'll find itin your broken heart to giveanother bunnysuch goodcare. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Radar wrote:
Pepper wrote:
angieluv wrote:
:(I volunteer at a humane society where we have a roomful of abandonedlittle homeless bunnies. I hope that some day your hearts will be readyto try to bring another little bunny into your home. :(
I had aquestion about the GI blockage,if wewere to take him to thevet before he passed on would that have saved him or would it stillhave been to late to save him.I didn't know what was wrongwith him and I did call at the vets office,but couldn't get him inbecause it was yesterday (Friday) and the vet that sees rabbits was onvacation and with this being the weekend vets most vets aren't openexcept emergency vet hospitals.I went to a pet feed store and askedquestions and they suggested vitamins to give to him.

GI Stasis or blockageis actually usually a symptom, not acause, soit's very hard to know exactly what was wrong withhim. Hecould have had abug, orcancer or just about anything. The problem with bunnies isthey often -- very often -- don'tlet us know they're sickuntil its too late.There'sno guarantee avetcould have helped him, either, especially since therereally aren't a lot of bunny-savvy onesout there.You did thebest you could. I've seen your posts,here, and you were a very attentive and caringbunnyperson. I agree withAngieluv, I hope you'll find itin your broken heart to giveanother bunnysuch goodcare. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
First let me say I amso sorry you and Pepper hadtogo through this , Its always heartbreaking when someone loses a Rabbit.

While GI Stasis is a seeeminglysymptomless issue thats notalways the case.

One of your very first warning signs are: no Poops , NoPee,No Eating, Not alwaysis it fatal at this stage , Iam battling it as we speak ina Jersy Woolyof allrabbits, Ihave been battling it sinceMonday when I walked by andHe didnt lookor feel right. This is a perfect timeto go through the P P E list. IF the PPE listisnt there its time to getaggressive. There is a goodchance whether you had takenhim to the Vet or not Nothing couldhave been done tosave him , Its a very Hard thing tospeculate about . Taking him to the Vet may even have prolonged thepain and agony he was in . Hon There is neveran easy 20 / 20 answer and beatingyourself over it certainly wonthelp , Know in your heart Hewas comforted and happy withyou as his Mother.

With GI, it can just creep up on us before weknow it. The biggest signs are not eating and small poops. Goingstraight to the vet doesn't always work either, so please don't beatyourself up over it.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's just never easy, no matter what.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost Pepper. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Pam

cl275.jpg

Oh Honey, I'm so so sorry. :sad:
I know how you and your husband doted on Pepper and how the little onewas the Center of your lives. I know how devasted you are. As statedabove, you were, and remain, a very attentive and loving bunny person.Pepper had such a great life of love, happiness, and comfort.

My heart goes out to you. I know that you have cried many tears alreadyand that they don't stop falling. Tsk. Oh this is just so sad. I can'thelp but cry over Pepper's call to be in Heaven with Buck. I just don'treally know what to say other than Pepper was One Very Lucky little guyto have spent his time here on Earth in your loving care. He will bedearly remembered and missed until our day comes when it's time for usto go to Heaven. He will meet you and show you the way.

I am so sorry.

:rose:

-Carolyn

OH, I am so sorry to hear the news ofsweet little Pepper's passing. He was such a cute littlebun. I know that you loved him dearly and you gave him thebest of care. I could alwaystell thatfrom your postings about him. I know that your heart ishurting right now. So sorry.HUGS Beckie:purplepansy:

:sad:

I am so sorry for your lost. May Pepper rest in peace over the rainbowbridge. We'll all know Pepper will watch over his family. Again, I amso sorry about Pepper.

:hearts:K&E

gypsy wrote:
Radar wrote:
Pepper wrote:
angieluv wrote:

First let me say I amso sorry you and Pepper hadtogo through this , Its always heartbreaking when someone loses a Rabbit.

While GI Stasis is a seeeminglysymptomless issue thats notalways the case.

One of your very first warning signs are: no Poops , NoPee,No Eating, Not alwaysis it fatal at this stage , Iam battling it as we speak ina Jersy Woolyof allrabbits, Ihave been battling it sinceMonday when I walked by andHe didnt lookor feel right. This is a perfect timeto go through the P P E list. IF the PPE listisnt there its time to getaggressive. There is a goodchance whether you had takenhim to the Vet or not Nothing couldhave been done tosave him , Its a very Hard thing tospeculate about . Taking him to the Vet may even have prolonged thepain and agony he was in . Hon There is neveran easy 20 / 20 answer and beatingyourself over it certainly wonthelp , Know in your heart Hewas comforted and happy withyou as his Mother.
We noticed on Thursday evening he wasn't feeling well,noteating,drinking,& not going to the bathroom. At first we didn'tknow why and hoped he would feel better the next day on Friday,but hewasn't doing any better then we did call a vet and the vet wasn'tthere,so then we went to a pet feed store,also they sell rabbits and weasked them questions on what to do and they suggested giving himvitamins,but that didn't work.Then,all of a sudden he was making noisewith his teeth like a crunching noise,but we still didn't know what waswrong with him. In the mean I have a friend from church who had arabbit and she had rabbits before,I known her for 10 years and shealways had rabbits.I talked to her and asked her questions.She says itdoesn't sound good anfd that small rabbits like Pepper don't live aslong as the bigger rabbits do.That was her advice.After,I got off thephone with her,I held on to Pepper and then my husband held him,thenPepper made a noise like he was choking and he was shaking.Then myhusband put him in his cage and that was the end of him,because hishead was faced down.It's awful seeing it happen,him passing on.It's badenough when they pass on,but seeing it happen gives me the creeps. Thishappen around midnight Friday.So,he was sick from Thursday toFriday.Not very long.

Lissa wrote:
Ohno. I am so sorry. Pepper was such a sweetrabbit. :(
Thank-you Lissa.I know how hardit was for you when you lost Lenci.Both our rabbits were young.MyPepper was only 2-1/2 years old,he would have been 3 in February orMarch 2006.So he was almost 3 years old in a few more months.Pepper andLenci will see each in heaven.I 'm still crying as I'm writing this.Imiss him & love him.

I am so sorry Pepper. Hewent so fast, that you didn't have a chance. You loved him somuch and he was lucky to have you.

Rainbows :pink iris:

Latest posts

Back