Pepper and my toes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper89

Reaction score
so lately i have noticed when i sit and play with pepper, he will sometimes come across my feet and when he does he will do a digging or swatting motion and try nibbling my toes. Anyone got an idea as to why he does that?
Its only me not my hubby or my parents.
And another question. He is okay with my hubby and my mom but he really seems to dislike my dad for some reason. He runs away from dad and tries to hide and all my dad wants is for pepper to like him. (My dad loves animals) my dad only wants to pet him and give him love but pepper keeps running away...

Well, about your dad...

As far as I can tell, rabbits get very suspicius when attention is directed at them combined with an approach that could trigger genetic memories of predators, or at least make them feel uncomfortable. People have different ways to move, speak etc, so that may differ from person to person. My rabbits have no problems with people that ignore them, but those trying to make contact are suspicious. Needs treats to overcome that, and even that doesn't always work.

So, I guess just sitting on the floor, eating or reading a book does more to get rabbits comfortable with someone than activly trying to get in contact.

Latest posts

Back