Penny's Baby!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingers_giants

Reaction score
Here is baby Piccolo!! the picture isnt the best because its from my phone. Also please excuse the mess in the back ground. We are moving so thats my mountain of boxes for packing in the background lol.

Hope everyone enjoys the picture!!!

0316092027a.jpg

SQUEEEEALLLLL! Love BABY FLEMMIES! Getting the fur in already! Keeping my fingers crossed that Penny keeps cooperating and he/she grows up big and strong!

Now in the morning when it hears me wake up and start moving around it starts making chirping noises and moving around because it wants to be fed. Its really cute and funny.:)It already has a personality and its only a few days old

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Piccolo is adorable! Look at that little cute mouth and ears and.... *sigh* they are just so cute when they are so little!

Funny moment! I made the baby pee last night using a cold cotton ball instead of a warm one. I wasnt happy with the pee result when using a warm one and I didnt feel that penny was making it pee, so I decided to try a cool cotton ball. Well I had the baby sitting on a wash cloth when I did it and it was like the flood gate opened!!! It was soo funny I had to hold the baby over the sink because it was peedling so much!! It peed a lot this morning too when I used the cool cotton ball. I am happy that its peeing better now :D

I thought that penny was washing it and making it go, but aparently that wasnt the case. Poor penny..I keep allowing her to be "mothering" but she really doesnt seem to grasp the concept. She seems to get irritated sometimes when Im feeding the baby from her. She doesnt have a choice but to feed the baby though because I hold her and make her do so:DEither way things are still going very very well and I couldnt be happier :D

Piccolo is also getting older and is drinking more. And he (she) has learned to evacuate the bladder with stimulation. So it gets easier as they mature. :p

I am glad. I was starting to get worried that it wasnt going enough.

Why is Penny becoming irritated when its feeding time?? I end up having to sit indian style and put her in a mild headlock to get her to stay still lol. I think having her sit in my lap works out for the baby because it can nurse more normal.

She isn't "raising" this litter. So her maternal hormones may not be at their peak levels. Bringing the baby to her twice a day will keep the milk flowing. That is the important part. Try giving her a treat (parsley? Carrot top?) while she is nursing. Make it a pleasurable experience. (Yeah, right...)

Ill have to try giving her treats when we are feeding like you said above. I know that she really enjoys dry oats..thats one of her favorite things to eat as a treat. Maybe Ill try that. Thanks for your advice once again :biggrin2:

So little Piccolo is now 9 days old and it really isnt so little anymore. It had quite a growth spirt this week and it now has bigger ears and its head is larger. Piccolo is doing so well!! It eats like a horse uses the bathroom and goes back to sleep.

I really am looking forward to when its eyes open, of course this will also mean it will stare me down every morning when its time for its morning feeding:DI am still looking forward to that moment though.

Penny has gotten used to feeding time. She still gets huffy sometimes but she is really well behaved and allowed Piccolo to eat. I am glad that she has become cooperative. I really feel closer with both Penny and Piccolo, its really nice:D

Sad news.

Piccolo died last night:cry1:I went to getit out of his cage to feedit and it wasnt doing or looking well. I warmed it up and tried to have it nurse but it wouldnt. I warmed it up more but sadly it passed away shortly after I warmed it up.:(

Just wanted to let you all know.

Ginger, I am SO sorry to hear about Piccolo.:sad: I know you did everything possible for the little one. He was so young, there isn't much that can be done for them if they develop a problem. Being as he was an "only child", there may have been issues related to the pregnancy or birth that we were not aware of.... :hug:

I am thinking also that there was a problem that I didnt know about. Im sad but hey atleast it lived as long as it did. I am still happy about that :)

Thank you so much for your help, I really cannot thank you enough:D

Latest posts

Back