Penny chipped a tooth.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offspring2099

Reaction score
Hello bunny people,

Back story
: Penny had surgery on her molars (abscess), a few were taken out, so now she has to get her incisors trimmed every month because they get too big.

Today we found out that she somehow chipped one of her top incisors. All the way up to her gum. I'm not sure when, but we are estimating some time this week. We will try to get her to the vet asap. She is acting normal. There was a day where she acted weird, and I'm willing to bet that's the day it happened. (3-4 days ago)

Not sure how she did it. I found the tooth on the bottom floor of her 4-story split- level bunny house. I'm worried about abscess, if she literately knocked the tooth out.

Any thoughts or suggest would be great. I'm kinda worried. Thank you.

I hope it's ok. Let us know how she's feeling ok?

Are you just going to watch her and see how it does?

Youre good- I was just going to mention what happened with Evey's tooth :)

I think if youre worried at all it would be good to see the vet. But unless its split down to the root I doubt they will do anything besides just telling you to keep an eye on it as it grows back.

How's Penny doing with her other teeth, is she still ok? I think about her often- I still cant believe both our furkids made it through those troubled times with the abscesses.

Indeed, they are tough and brave little furballs. Other then the front teeth, Penny has been living without hay for a year, and she is fine. *knock on wood*

Not sure how this happened. I'll mention to the doc to look for a split in the root/stub, but I'm sure I'll already know.

Latest posts

Back