Peneloppy Needs Prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleys_mommy

Reaction score
Could you guys please say a prayer for Peneloppy? She was spayed yesterday and is now in the hospital in "critical condition". She was still very much out of it when I picked her up yesterday from being spayed, so I immediately took her to my regular vet (another bunny vet did her at the low cost spay/neuter clinic) and they gave her fluids and I forcefed her last night. Today I woke up, and she still hadn't eaten or drank anything and hadn't had a bowel movement. I rushed her to the vet and they kept her all day, gave her more fluids, and another pain injection. I picked her up because no one was going to be there overnight and I didn't want her to be alone in case something happened. Well, something did happen because when I took her out of the carrier, she had a baseball size knot on her belly, above the incision line. I rushed her to the emergency clinic and they accertained that she has a hairball, a high fever, and the ball is actually toxins that have built up in the bowel. So she's in the hospital in critical condition. The vet gave me that "prepare yourself" speech. If they do surgery to remove the hairball, she'll definitely die. If they wait, she will likely die. Please pray for her, and for me that I don't lose my mind.:pray:

Thinking of both of you.

Sending Well Wishes to Peneloppy. Hoping so much for the best for her.

Hugs, and hang in there.

K:(

Hoping to hear better news later. So sorry Peneloppy is having such a rough time.

Keep the faith! Out here thinking really good thoughts for your sweet girl.

K :)

OH NO! I'll keep praying for your little girl. Just keep giving her lots of lovins' :sickbunny:

:pray:

Sending hopes and prayers to you and peneloppy :pray:

They said she has almost eaten all the food I sent there with her (hay, pellets, carrots, a banana, and her favorite-cilantro) and that she is very active and greets them when they come to check on her. They're still forcing Critical Care every two hours, but they said she can come home tonight as a trial and they want me to bring her back tomorrow to reevaluate her. It's the first good news I've had since Tuesday.

On a side note, my rat almost choked last night. I beat him on his back while holding him downward and he had a piece of lab block fall out of his mouth... Hopefully he doesn't get pneumonia because he was awfully crackly there for a while.

NOT A GOOD WEEK lol.

Oh my you are having a rough go of things :hug:

That is wonderful that Peneloppy gets to come home tonight! She will probably eat even better at home where she's more comfortable :)

Good job on the rat first aid, hopefully he will be ok. :pray:

Glad to hear your rabbit is doing better! :D It is always scary when things like this happen. Hope your little rat is okay too. :pray:

Latest posts

Back