Pellets for babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
I feel so bad i should have thought about thisbefore, but i have 5 week old babies that i have just let go onto mum'spellets which are supa excel, but i read somewhere that they should goon junior pellets and now i'm worried what i'm doing is wrong!everywhere i have read up until then it has said let the babies startnibbling on mum's food which is excel (not junior) and they seem happyon it, but now someone says it should be junior, would you have to swapmum onto this too, but it seems wrong to change her food to junior nowbecause it would upset her, but i can't feed themum andkitsseperately. But the previous post about the kits dyinghas panicked me even more! The kits were on oats and hay as their firstfoods, then pellets and when i ran out of oats i thought it would be agood time to cut them out totally as i had cut down on them anyway sonow they are on just pellets and hay, with no signs of illness but i'mreally worried what shall i do? sorry this is so long and sorry if itsin the wrong place!

When I had young baby rabbits, we didfeed junior food to them, (I think Burgess does one) We startedchanging Berri's food when the babies were a few weeks old.

I don't know if it did any good but they are healthy now:)

If you are worried you can change her food over, mix in the new food,so it makes up about 10%, then increase this by another 10% every dayfor ten days, that way it won't upset her stomach and will put yourmind at rest:)

Thanks, i think i may just do that, but i'mthinking the damage may already be done or they may already be past itat this point as well, hopefully i can get loads of opinions before theshops open tomorrow!

My babies never go on junior pellets - they justgo on their mama's pellets since they've been getting them through heranyway...

Peg

Latest posts

Back