Pellet Brand

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosey442

Reaction score
I am a relatively new rabbit owner (5 weeks of a 13 week old lionhead) and will soon be running out of the pellets that the breeder had given me. I have been reading the threads concerning pellets and I do have a question. I see that many on here feed Oxbow and Sherwood Forest brands.

However, has/does anyone feed Zupreem? Any thoughts? Experience with them?

I am debating among Sherwood, Oxbow and Zupreem over which to use. For me financially it is little difference among the three.

Thanks! :thanks:

As your rabbit is young & should be getting alfalfa pellets, I;m sure Sherwood Forest would be fine. I would never give their pellets to an adult rabbit who wasn't in need of extra calcium, as it has, as best I can tell, 150-200% of the calcium as do pellets from Oxbow or Kaytee. I think this is much more important than the sugar content and SF has twice the fat content as well.

You need to make sure to start changing to the new food before you run out of the old food. You have to slowly transition from the old food to the new food over at least a weeks time, two weeks would be better, so that you don't upset your rabbits digestion. You start adding small amounts of the new food into the old food and gradually increase each day until at the end of 1-2 weeks, you are only feeding the new food. If you get soft poops at all, you are probably giving too much of the new food too quickly. Just cut back on the amount and transition to the new food more slowly.

I feed Oxbow and have no complaints about it. I was going to try Zupreem but got the oxbow because it was cheaper. I have only been feeding the Oxbow for a week or two now so not much experience with it. Before I was feeding Mana Pro (an alfalfa pellet) to my adults.

Latest posts

Back