Peg's Place - 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I need a scorecard to keep up with all of your bunnies' names! I'll get it right one of these times :biggrin2:

Well, you said it a few days ago: Nyx is a DIVA!!

Btw, her brothers are taking over Nyx's "Houdini" duties. If you leave anything unlatched or loose, they are right out of that cage!

You know that children's game where you chase and run away from the person who's "it"? I'm thinking of naming them Marco and Polo. Or Hide and Seek. (Frick and Frack?Moe and Larry? Tweedledee and Tweedledum? Trouble and More Trouble??)

Nyx is very proud of her brothers (in between bouts of trying to break out of her cage where she can't reach the top).

Art suggests "Mutt" & "Jeff"....

Seriously - we adore Nyx - she is hilarious even if she knows she's a diva bunny.

TinysMom wrote:
Nyx is very proud of her brothers (in between bouts of trying to break out of her cage where she can't reach the top).

Art suggests "Mutt" & "Jeff"....
LOL! Great idea...Except our oldest son, JEFF, the newly minted A1C, already thinks we're bonkers. If he thinks we named a rabbit after him, he will look into having us committed!:biggrin2:

Well - it looks like Athena is finally coming out of her shell and getting into mischief just like the other girls.

Sophia got herself accidentally shut in Athena's cage for some of her playtime today - so she wasn't happy about having to go to bed....but she was a good girl for me.

Nyx is...hilarious. I swear she finds new ways to get into trouble all the time.....not that it is REALLY trouble.

I came out this morning to find out she had managed to unlatch the bottom latch on her door (thank God it has two latches). She insisted the dogs did it...

I took photos and videos of her getting into the calf manna and sitting on the bale of hay (laying on its side) munching away on it - as if she was at an "all you can eat" buffet bar.

While I was feeding the lionheads tonight - she found the container of calf manna I'd placed on the floor - and knocked it over (but so none came out) and then stuck her head in and munched away.

I swear - whether it is because she was raised in a home - or whatever - but she is pretty darn smart and she knows the word "no" (she still does stuff anyway - she just makes sure she has her back turned to me thinking I can't see her then..).

Oh well - life is sure fun thanks to the bunnies....and don't get me started about Zeus waking me up by dropping a book on my head that he was grabbing to finish shredding...

Sophia checking in here....don't tell mom - but I've sent off a few photos to enter in a contest to win 3 training sessions with the "Monty Python Rabbit" for beating up Lord Dumpster.

Oh wait - that's not why they're holding the contest...but that is why I've entered.

Here's one of my favorite shots - I'm hoping they'll pick BOTH Nyx and I...

[align=center]
DSCF0662-1.jpg

[/align]

Nyx checking in here...don't believe everything mom tells you about me.

OF COURSE I'm sweet and innocent. The only reasons I get into trouble is because of the dogs and the other bunnies. They MAKE me look bad.

After all...look at this face...

DSCF0647-1.jpg

Now can't you see just how innocent I am?

Sheesh...now I'm going back to the oats....uh...the calf manna....uh...my cage! That was it - my CAGE!

TinysMom wrote:
I came out this morning to find out she had managed to unlatch the bottom latch on her door (thank God it has two latches). She insisted the dogs did it...

i will be having words with roxy as this is her trick. she also blamed the dogs when she sprung hartleybun from his hutch after his neutering..

Such sassy bunnies! I will have to rethink ever owning a flemmie... The two "little" buns I have are driving me nuts! ;) (j/k I want a Flemmie! Gimme! :p) Go give them all a squish for me! :D

Peg, I just got caught up on your blog. Boy you have some great looking Flemmies their. I LOVE Nyx. What a Beautiful Bunny. Well they are all Beatiful.

I totally agree with you that sometimes bad things happen in your life for reason. I'm just hoping I've had my share of bad things and now the good things will start happening in my life. I certainly can use the good things.

I look forward to seeing and ready more pictures and stories of your crew.

Susan:)

roflol...

Last night all three girls were out playing and they were grooming each other....it was so cute.

Of course - Hermes found that time to escape because his cage door had not been shut tight. He went running out to the kitchen (his favorite spot to start out at) and Robin goes, "Is Hermes out or did Zeus just run by me??"

I grabbed him and put him in Nyx's cage - he flirted with the girls (and peed in her cage - she was NOT happy with him for that) - and he ate her food and drank her water.

He got playtime for a bit after the girls were put to bed since he hadn't had playtime all day.

Btw - Nyx is now over 9 pounds......and less than 14 weeks old if I remember right.

WOW....she's a hoot - I'll have to remember to tell more stories about her as she is very....curious. She thinks nothing of going up to the dogs and nudging at them to make them move.

A couple of things I want to share...

First of all - I just got my ears pierced 7 weeks ago and can now wear other earrings...I'm looking at these on Ebay - what do you think?

SE-EA-BUNNY-LOVE-G.jpg

She custom makes them (sorta)...

Secondly - I wanted to post the layout of Magic Happens barn - and I am thinking about modeling my layout somewhat after that - but my doors won't be on the side but in the front - so I'd have to change some things.

Any good layout ideas?

layoutMagicHappensbarn.jpg

ha ha ha - I don't think there is a couch in the world that is big enough for ALL the bunnies....

Sophia isn't feeling good today - her ears were really warm. She came and snuggled by my feet during playtime and then I held her in my lap. Robin brought me some water and paper towels so I could cool down her ears - she immediately went for the water (I did cool her ears down some). I'm wondering if she just needed some more water and was dehydrated a bit.

As soon as she got some water in her - she started to play and explore again.

And Nyx...I caught her on my chair trying to get up to the computer on the desk...honestly....don't know what I'm gonna do with that girl. She's such a handful (but I love her being that way).

Athena is even warming up to me a bit....that's really good.

I need to email Art to see the largest size building he's willing for us to go for (once we have the money) - I found one place that has them 32' long....which would be great.

I'm seriously considering one that has a roll-up garage door so if we had a fire - we could roll them right out that door....not sure though. So much to think about.

Peg...I really love the garage style building. It would also be smart to get it in the largest size that you can afford. I really think this is an awesome investment for you guys. This way, you can save some space inside your house (possibly where the rabbitry is now?) for elderly/sick bunnies who need more attention. I can just see it sitting in your backyard now!

I really can't wait until you get this barn and "make it your own".

If you click on the garage - one of the pictures you see is of a garage that isn't the barn style - but is 16 X 24 and has a porch in the front. I sorta like that one - but I also love the barn styles.

We really need to measure to see where we want to put the barn and how much space we can use. I'm leaning towards a 12' X 32' barn with a 4' loft and maybe the garage door and ramps. Probably close to $7,000 when you look at delivery and tax and stuff...but these are made by the Amish/Mennonites and I know they have excellent work ethics and the barn would be well made.

I will say that I will highly doubt if all the flemmies make it to the barn. I'm guessing that Sophia will be living in the house for sure....possibly Athena and Nyx too....I don't know.

I'm going to make sure it has some features like lights that go on when someone is nearby - and hopefully some sort of a baby monitor type thing so I can listen in - and a really loud fire alarm (or something that goes off in the house or something?)

I don't know - but I've heard of too many barns catching on fire...I'm going to do everything I can to protect the babies...uh...bunnies.

I really wish you were here to see the flemmies I have now Amy - I think you'd love them....especially Zeus. He loves to sleep beside someone and get pets on his ears and stuff...he gives tooth purrs for 10 minutes at a time if I keep petting him.

Well, congrats, Peg! You are making me forget my dream rabbit (Champagne D Argent) and causing me to dream of a Flemish one day :grumpy:.

:p

Anyway...I really like the porch style one, too. It is going to be a tough choice! $7k isn't too bad, I don't think. I think it is well worth it for you guys!

As for it catching on fire, I definitely think smoke detectors is a big thing....plus baby monitor systems are a smart idea because you can hear if bunnies are freaking out. To keep down on the chances of fire..just limit the amount hay that is actually stored in there. To be honest, it seems like hair is more of the risk. I don't know...I have heard of rabbitries burning down, but no so many stories about horse barns. So, maybe a build up of hair in electrical outlets can be an issue?

Latest posts

Back