Peg's Lionhead thread / babies/ moms & more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why thank you fair lady! I appreciate the comment very much.

I'm considering stealing some of dad's ties for some photos but mom knows my idea of stealing them means chewing on them and she keeps saying, "no more tailoring for you Tiny".

Oh well...I'll find something else to do...

The BunFather

polly wrote:
Yay Tiny pics, i keep seeing giants at the shows over here but none are as gorgeous as Tiny:biggrin2:

This is more an update on me than an update on the bunnies = but oh well...

I'm going to not be online here much for the next 6 weeks while I work on some things in my life. For those who don't know - I now have a job working out of my home (phone work) and I work from 2 pm - 7 pm CST Tues-Sat. In addition, I need to go to "debriefing/coaching" sessions for an hour in the morning Tues - Fri.

I haven't worked outside the home in 4 years and between this and my mystery shopping and trying to figure out how to fit in "home life"...its really tough. For example - for another 5 weeks or so - Art works mid shift which means that I only see him from about 7:15 pm - 9:15 pm...oh and Sundays and Mondays. I try to have supper made ahead of time and the rabbitry fed before 2 pm - or have things set up for Robin to cook.

But it is tough trying to juggle everything...so I will probably not be around much here in the forum. I just don't have the time right now....especially since I wanted to work on my second novel in November (ha ha).

On a positive note - Tiny LOVES my working. He's my "office bunny" and he keeps me company and gets lots of ear rubs when I get frustrated with callers. Sometimes I'll be in the middle of a call and feel him come up and bump the back of my leg, seeking my attention. For Tiny, everday is "Take your bunny to work day" and when I have a break - he gets some craisins - so he LOVES my breaks.

Once things get settled down and I can make some decisions - then I may have more time for the forum. I've told myself that I'm giving myself 6 weeks (during this coaching time) to see if I like the job or not and if I can stick with it. I'd like to work it for at least one year to get our mini van paid off early because then we could start working on paying off the house early....we're not getting any younger.

I love y'all and I will be missing you - and I will try to check in once or twice a week....so I'm not dead...just...dead-tired!

Peg

P.S. Some of the girls got out in the grass again today. I was so tickled when some of them came over when Art called them and they came right back in on the porch without us chasing them down. A few others...well....that was a different story. But the girls who came back on their own - I was so proud of them - I wish I'd had my camera handy.

polly wrote:
:bunnyhug:hope everything sorts itself out Peg

(quick nose rub to Tiny for me)

Have I mentioned lately that Tiny is becoming a spoiled rotten brat?

First of all - he sees this as being "his" room and he loves to lay by the door. As in...he loves to lay by the door blocking it so I can't open it or close it. I have to try and close the door to keep the noise down (the guinea pigs are in the hallway).

So now I have had to start BRIBING him to get him to move - and he's learned that if he lays on the side of the door that isn't where I will want it to be...he can get a bribe if he's stubborn enough.

I tried to pick him up once and he spent the next 15 minutes trying to chew on my pants and pull them off me to show me he was angry.

So if Tiny starts getting bigger- it is my fault...sorta.

Peg

P.S. Gandalf got a new home btw - I'm so happy. So did another adorable broken tort buck - the lady wants to litter box train him and let him be like a cat...I'm so happy!

sounds like he is making sure he gerts the treat rations a giant bunny deserves:biggrin2:Obviously not a fan of being picked up !! you could never say no to him anyway he is far to gorgeous:)

Ok....Tiny is FAR FAR FAR too smart for me.

He was laying around in the office. I normally start work at 2 pm CST (it is now 1 pm CST). I came in to sit down and check this site and stuff - and his ears perked up and he started sniffing around. THen he got up and laid down IN FRONT of the door again so I can't close it....and looked at me as if to say, "Gotcha now".

I've toyed w/ kicking him out of the room but the fact is - he's just too much fun to have in here...

Oh well - looks like I'll just budget for an extra bag of craisins and carrots every payday...its worth it to have his company.

Peg

Ah ... I must not have explained myself well.

Tiny didn't care about ME. He knew if he blocked the door - before I could close it - I'd have to get him to move. How do I get him to move? Well - at his weight - I can strain my back picking him up - OR - I can bribe him with craisins.

So now - no matter which way the door is-he lays on the side he thinks I want to get to so that he gets bribed. Sometimes the bribe is craisins - sometimes it is a fruit loop - sometimes a piece of banana or carrot.

Oh - and if I don't pay the bribe within 15 minutes? He comes and tries to pull on my pants or skirt and chew on them.

Smart bunny?

Peg

polly wrote:
ahhhhhh at least he wants to be with you :Di would do the same thing

Tiny you make me smile. I need that right now more than ever, so keep it up and make mom post.

TinysMom wrote:

Oh - and if I don't pay the bribe within 15 minutes? He comes and tries to pull on my pants or skirt and chew on them.

Ahh now thats a bunny who knows how to get his slave's attention ;)Smart boy!

I took some photos tonight of various rabbits and I just have to show off Harriet. He is a buck - who we originally thought was a doe.

If I ever lost Tiny - Harriet would get neutered and become my house bunny.

As far as lionheads go - he is a joke for show quality. He's a single mane (who has kept his mane).....and he looks more like the early lionheads who came from England.

But I adore him....so here he is...

Harriet's GORGEOUS, Peg...:D

Aww he's so cute in a weird sort of way. He does look a lot like the early lionheads you had (was is hyacinth or something like that?)

Any chance you have some updated pics of Tumnus's look alike? Does she look like Lily now (all fluffy)?

She looks VERY much like Lily- very very fluffy. I will try to take pics of her later today or tomorrow.

Peg

Back