Peeing on the Couch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer6514

Reaction score
I am completely lost as to what to do.

My bunny is almost two years old and I've had him since he was a baby so he was neutered as soon as possible. He constantly pees on the couch. I've read everything on what to do. First of all, I don't let him on the couch at all. As soon as he jumps on, I shoo him off. However, when he does manage to get on the couch quickly enough, he always takes the opportunity to pee.

I always catch him in the act, say his name, followed by a firm "NO" and either spray him with water (just one small spray), put him in his cage, or both. I clean up the mess and put the paper towel with his urine on it in his litter box. Outside of the cage, the only other place he pees is on the couch.

This has been going on for probably almost a year. He never learns and he is absolutely determined to get on the couch whenever he can to pee. WHY? And how do I stop this???

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I know this doesn't sound common, but when I had an issue with my neutered boy urinating on the bed, I covered the bed with aluminum foil. It seems like so much effort and will look untidy for a short while, but they don't like urinating on foil for some reason. I read this somewhere a few years back and it helped me. Monitor him though, if he chews random things, he might enjoy foil too.
Other suggestions: Always watch for his tail to be lifted up when he's on the couch. Then carry him straight to his litter box. Then offer a treat. This will help him figure out what's right.
Or, place a small corner litter box on top of the couch. Eventually, he will use that.
He probably wants to claim the couch as his, since he isn't allowed there.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back