Peeing in two places.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sukichan

Reaction score
Ok, so they are peeing in the litterbox sometimes, and also peeing in the corner next to it. The also still dont poo in the litterbox, just near it. So I am thinking of maybe just getting a larger litter box or a container that functions as one, and putting it so it takes up that side of the cage. Because they also like to make a HUGE mess with the hay and pull it all out of the hay dispenser, and then because its in the area they are also peeing in, they pee on it and poo on it and then its garbage. Which makes their cage gross, and wastes a LOT of hay. What do you think?

I would use a cat litter box and hangthehay rack over the litter box. They poo and pee where they eat. Also, Soak up pee with paper towel and put paper towel in the litter box. And put poo's in box too.

:biggrin2:April

PS) Hay will fall in litter box and cut down on mess. :)

I'd get a bigger box, or multiple boxes.
With one of my buns, Timmy, I'd put the box in one corner and he'd ignore it and pee in the opposite one. If I moved the box there he'd ignore it and pee in the opposite one. I finally just put a box in both corners. One is right below his hay rack and he poops, pees and eats hay there. The other one he uses for lounging in.
11449_182948949184_501769184_270076.jpg

So I went out and bought them a new litter box, a cat litter box, and it takes up both corners and it seems to be catching like 99% of the hay . I am not sure if they are using it for its intended purpose yet, or just to make a mess of hay in, but hopefully it works out! wish me luck! Thanks for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back