Peeing around the house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanamuffins

Reaction score
Lulu and Binky have had full run of most of the first floor, 24/7, for about a month or 2. Everything has been fine and they haven't gotten into trouble, but one of them has suddenly started peeing everywhere. I haven't figured out which one yet...perhaps both? Anyway, I am wondering why this might be, and also, if there are any tricks to stop them from peeing outside their litter boxes.

Is their space TOO large? Do I have spoiled, lazy bunnies who don't want to go ALL the way to the other room?

They're both fixed and have been living together for a few months now, so I don't think it's territory stuff, but I don't really know!

Any thoughts are appreciated!

When a rabbit that normally has good litter box habits, suddenly starts having lots of accidents, it may be because you've changed something, such as the litter box placement or using a new litter, or something in it's environment has changed(new person, new pet, etc). If there haven't been any changes, you could try a new litter to see if that is the cause, or put out another litter box if it is just in one particular area, but it could also be because of a UTI or bladder sludge that is causing the sudden pee accidents. You may want to have your vet check for those. But you will need to find out which rabbit is the one doing it first.

Latest posts

Back