pedialyte ??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they all seem to have different preferences lol. I have seen people on here talk about all sort of flavours.

I use blackcurrent as that is all I have found over here so far.

Edit to say: You use it when your bun is ill like in stasis. Basically when they are dehydrated and you need to get them drinking more fluids. :)

We buy the one without flavors because by the time we need it, we are already force feeding anyways. Plus its probably easier on the liver and kidneys if less chemicals are added.

Depending upon what I have at the moment I use either bubble gum flavor - grape flavor - or fruit flavor.

I almost never have to "force" feed with those flavors....and sometimes I'll mix it with a bit of banana baby food.... My rabbits love Beech Nut's "Chiquita Banana" baby food the best....you can even SMELL the difference when you open it.

Peg

I bought the popsicles because it was less expensive, had every flavour, keeps longer, and I've had to use it for myself as well :baghead

As for when I use it, I rarely use it. I needed it with Wiggles after surgery, when she got ill, during stasis episodes, for Bam-Bam when he got depressed and wouldn't and other small occasions. Pretty rare though,I don't like to jump at things as much as possible.

I use the unflavored, and mix it with canned pumpkin. All of my rabbits will suck pumpkin out of the syringe like I am feeding them candy, so that seems the easiest way to get it down for me. :)

Latest posts

Back