"Peanut" a good name for a boy bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
It was a name I was considering for my maleHolland Lop in my Avatar there, but is "Peanut" a good name for a *boy*bunny? I don't want to give him a girl rabbits name, but I'm unsurewhich gender the name "Peanut" might be for :/ .

Ah it being a unisex name doesnt bug me either I guess. So Peanut sounds good for my baby boy bunny eh?

m.e.? Thanks for the responses so far everyone!

I do have a bunnynamed Peanut. She's a girl, but I'd say the name is definitely unisex,because people mistake her for a boy all the time :?

Ah if thats her in your avatar, her fur is EXACTLY the same color as my Peanut :D.

By the way, rather than make a new topic I may as well ask here: Whatare some good alternatives for bedding instead of shaved pine? I was atthe shop yesterday and the girl told me I shouldnt use it, since itcould cause respiratory problems. Should I just leave the cage floorbare (flat plastic)? It is getting much warmer, and I think the pineshavings wouldnt be practical for cooling off either.

For my Pebbles who's on plastic, I just coverthe bottem with a few layers of newspaper, then I shred some nespwperto put it ontop for something to play with for her :D.

Great, I laid down newspaper for them rightafter I read the post, they seem to like it hehe. By the way, when youguys say 'unisex' you mean it can be for either male or female,like.... Alex or Jamie? I think those two are unisex names:/

Yeah, that's what I mean by 'unisex'. And Peanut is the bunny in my avatar :)

Mmm..also, are peanuts edible for rabbits? Just curious since it'd be ironic if they weren't, since my bunny is named Peanut now:D.

Hmm I'm not sure if they are allowed peanuts. Nuts and seeds are really high in fat and calories, so if given, should only be given as a treat occasionaly and in small amounts.

Chihuahuas are so cool...but I had enough trouble getting my mom to give me the okay for my rabbits :(. Why did you name him Peanut anyways? He isnt THAT small is he?:p

Hehe Yeah he's pretty small, I think he was the runt of the litter. Espeically when we first got him as a puppy, just so tiny! But he's also all brown. Small, brown dog... Peanut just seemed to fit! :D

Ah I chose Peanut for similar reasons too. Also the name Peanut kinda popped into my head when I was thinking of a name while looking at him. Kinda looks like a peanut in my avatar too. If you kinda squint I guess:p

Back