Partial to mostly blind and loss of litter habits...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but I do not think lazyness is a likely reason for soiling himself to the degree he needs a bath.

You can't detect a UTI from just looking at the urine - it needs to be tested in a lab.

I'm glad he's doing well today but if it happens again I really think you need to get a good vet involved otherwise you could end up treating the problem to late to fix it. Like I said treatment for EC is very cheap and doesn't even require a prescription, you can get wormer over the counter in the UK.

Oh boy, he jumped upstairs earlier, first time in a long time, he was curious last night and was on his hinnies looking up there, cuz his apple was up there..

Had to give another bootie bath tonight...:( The water wasn't as dirty this time, but when holding him in a towel to dry, I noticed a couple centimeter circles of baldness on his rear.:( The skin is white, so Thank Jesus for that... We're keeping the cage clean, or trying to. Daddy cleaned up newpaper tonight and everything, and we feed him and he poops and peed! where he ate, which he's been doing...We had 24 hours of dryness. I don't get it.

I guess a vet visit might be in order. I hope it's not too expensive for bloodwork, ahhh.

I honestly just don't get why he'd go upstairs if he was in pain.

He's also been good today!:D Gonna put his food bowl in litterbox tomorrow, but, he's been pretty good all day and night. No peeing out, just once earlier when we fed him, which is why trying placing his dish in the box may help, that's when he does it most.;)

He's digging to China and going to town on the paper! Just don't see the "pain" part. Caling vet Tues though.

Hey Crystal sorry to hear about Snuffles problem.

Have you ever thought of trying cornstarch on his sore areas. Geez when i nursed MANY years ago we would put cornstarch on a cotton swab then dab it on the patients rash or sore area. It was really quite soothing for them.. Just a thought, at this stage trying anything that may work on the little guy so he isn't in pain.

Good Luck give him a nice BIG KISS:big kiss: from me.

Susan:weee:

Aw, Thanks Susan, that's a great idea!

Don't want to "jinx" it, but...wait for it...:p

We started feeding him his pellets in litterbox and putting his bowl of hay in front of it (as I always did, he just liked to toss it). It's WORKING!!! No messes for over 24 hours!:D I think he really gets it! Hubby helps in if his bottom isn't all the way in perfect, but, he's gone in on his own to eat both his pellets and his hay! His water is right there too, so it all works!:yahoo: Let's hope it was laziness and just needing some coaching and rearranging...;)

I would still visit a vet. What you are doing is treating the symptoms not the actual problem. If your rabbit spends more time in his litter tray then obviously that is going to mean less chance he wee's on the floor, but it doesn't treat the problem that was causing the symptom in the first place.

That's like someone getting lots of headaches and taking painkillers - their symptoms are gone but that doesn't mean they haven't still got a brain tumour that needs treating.

Rabbit's hide pain and discomfort because in the wild that could save their life. It might not even necessarily be related to something that causes serious pain. Nerve damage (a symptom of EC among other things) can effect bladder control and cause mobility problems.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and there isn't any underlying problem causing all these symptoms but from what you've described I would seriously consider getting it checked out otherwise you could be back in a few weeks or months time with a rabbit in worse condition and a lower chance of successful treatment.

Most of that I know, I just don't want to go and the vet sends me off saying he's fine. Ya know, but, yes, I get what you're saying, which is basically what I was saying to begin w/ and just wishful thinking...;)

Even if Snuffles had EC, Pancure isn't going to treat it.
Crystal I would ask the vet if they'll allow you to bring in a urnie sample to test for UTI. That way you don't have to bring in Snuff.
If he does have a UTI you don't want to go unreated for very long.
I hope it's nothing but worth checking out.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
If no UTI, I would watch him closes and any sign that he is wet get blood work done on his kidneys.

Thanks, Bec, that's good thinking, I didn't think of that. Oh dear.

He's doing undeniabley well.:D No accidents. Hmm, just makes me think he was lazy..:expressionless

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
He's doing undeniabley well.:D No accidents. Hmm, just makes me think he was lazy..:expressionless

Crystal...i know how frustrating it can be at times when our beloved pets are having issues....i'm happy to heat that Snuff is doing well though..

Give Snuff lots of nose scritches from me..

Ok, so for the last few days, he's not spending all his time in his hidey house like he did for weeks. He's out lounging way more, tossing a toy here and there, being happy. Don't know what gives...:expressionless:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back