Parents!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
My parents wont let me and megan take the buns to the vet. They live outside and sneeze at least 3 times a week. They say if they are hopping peeing and pooing there fine but i want to be sure. I tell them we take our dog once a year why not our rabbits???What should i do??

My parents can be a little like that too sometimes, I find the best thing is the scare tactic.:biggrin2:

Go to the bunny 101 section and print off some stuff about sneezing, upper respiratory infections etc and show them to your parents and explain how this may be what your buns have and some infections can become seriousif left untreated. Then sayhow you have done a lot of research and everything says that you need to take your bunsto the vets. Hopefully that should work. Good luck!:goodluck

Make sure they know that if this turns into pneumonia, your rabbits will wind up spending time in the hospital, running up $$ fast. Tell them a trip now, and probably just antibiotics, or hospital later! Mabye that will help.

Do they have discharge at all? Any other symptoms? Right now buns are shedding and therefore it can be that they sneeze due to that. I know mine are sneezing quite a bit this week but they are really shedding their fur quite a bit.

That sounds horrible!!!! I'd be soooooo frustrated if I were you. But you should proably take your bun in. It could be allergies, but you might want to get the bun checked out.

-TK :)

MsBinky wrote:
Do they have discharge at all? Any other symptoms? Right now buns are shedding and therefore it can be that they sneeze due to that. I know mine are sneezing quite a bit this week but they are really shedding their fur quite a bit.

Good post MsBinky:thumbup!

It could be from dust in the hay, it could be allergies, it could be from getting hairs in their nose. Are they shedding at all? If they are, this could be the culprit. Like MsBiny said, check for any discharge, check several different times, if there isn't any at all, it could be just one of the above.

If you check and find that there is discharge of any kind, you should take them to the vet, just being realistic. Like someone else said, printsome things off of this site from the health references section, and show your parents.

It is probably just the hair and dirt in their noses. There is no discolored snot or anything and their back feet are just fine. I am yomo's sister and if we needed to take them to the vet we could. Our parents just aren't letting us take them to the vet now because it really is not a big problem. I think Buddy and Roxie sneeze from the hay because they always digs face in it. They are also both shedding so it could be hair in their nose.

~Megan

Latest posts

Back