Parenting Nightmare

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
first let me say, dont worry, im not pregnant :pim only 15 for goodness sake :p but im an avid babysitter. and by avid,i mean if i go a day without babysitting, i must be on my deathbed(even when i was hobbling around on crutches with a sprained ankle,they had to push me out of their house to stop me from babysitting).

so tonight, i was babysitting for 2 *adorable* girls. Kelly, whos 2,and Kate, who's almost 6 months old. so the instructions said to putKate in her crib, asleep or awake, at 7:15 and turn the mobile on, andhope she goes to sleep. Kelly, they said, was exhausted, so she shouldbe in bed by 7:30, 8 at the latest. well kate fell asleep in my arms ata little before 7, so i put her in her crib with no problems. seeing askelly was soooo tired, i got her ready for bed at 7:15. she had a fit.it took me 5 minutes to get her upstairs, and even then she was cryingand screaming for mommy. so then by 7:30, stories are read, kelly's inher crib half-laying down, and still crying, and kate has woken up. soi go downstairs for a few minutes to see if they'll calm down. theydidnt. to make a long story short, i was running up and down the stairstrying to get them to go to sleep. I called the parents, who were about15 minutes away, and asked them when they would be home, and they saidjust to take both girls downstairs and put on a movie to calm them downand that they'd be home in 15 mins to put them to sleep. I tell you,those girls will be the death of me :p

Don't you just loooooove those kids that are easy to put to bed? :p;)

Actually, I've babysat kids that other sitters won't touch went itcomes to bedtime, and never had any problems with them. Must have thetouch :cool:

*nods* usually these girls are really good. buttonight, the 2 year old was just toooooootally exhausted, so all shewanted was for mommy to put her to bed.

Yup, had one of those. The "I want mooooommmmmyyyyyyy" crying kid, right? Not like I can do anything about it *sigh*

the strangest part is, when she was kate's age,kelly was at a day care, and has never had any trouble with strangerstaking care of her. now, ive known this whole family since before kellywas born (i walked their dog when the couple were working), so im farfrom a stranger...i think its just 2 lol cuz there are some kids who ijust cant babysit for without them crying hysterically for their mommy(rarely daddy, but it does happen). and i feel so bad, cuz theres*nothing* i can do.

poor you. Sometimes its very hard even for grandparents to take care of children. So there is nothing you can do.

I am 12 my parents never had that issue I am like yep going to bed don't wake me for anther week please!

Latest posts

Back