paralyzed blue tailed skink

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we finally got the reptile food today! just called mom and she said she found it.. hope its the right stuff!! the skink seems to be doing good.. its been laying in the sun and getting in its water some:)

Hehe they're so cute! I thought it was a fish when I first read the post.. but then did'nt know what it was.. good old yahoo to look things up! :)

I'm not sure, but they sure are darn cute!

little skink is doing good.. eating like a pig.. and is gettin friendlier... trying to come up with a cute name for it.. i think its a girl..but maybe a guy/girl name.. here's some recent pics:)

skinkjune2006014.jpg

skinkjune2006013.jpg

skinkjune2006009.jpg

skinkjune2006003.jpg

little skink is doing great.. named her Slinky.. from Toy Story

i dont know what it is with all these hurt animals showing up in my yard:?...today my dog had a toad... the only reason my dog caught it is because it is missing half of its front leg.. but it looks like it has been that way for awhile..dont think the dog did it.. anyway..i couldnt let it loose today because anytime i tried to put it down the dog tried to get it:(..dont know what we're doing with this one..huh.. seems like all the hurt animals show up at my door:dunno

I hope it goes well.

I love skinks. I havea bunch in my garden. I am always happy when I see them go slithering by.

slinky's leg looks the same today..but other than that it looks ok.. she wouldnt eat yesterday..im going to try feeding her later..hopefully she'll eat today..i wasnt able to get a vet appointment today

one of slinky's legs is really bad.. but the other is normal.. other than that everything's good...she's catching may flies by herself today:D

got slinky to the vet today..took her when we took our dog mookie for flea shots.. anyway..sometime next week slinky has to have her back leg amputated..our vet said he would do it for free.. also i found out that the woman who told us that our vet didnt treat rabbits was wrong.. our vet does spay rabbits...he even does squirrels! he said he could spay peapoo for $130..im so happy!:bunnydance::bunnydance: the other vet was going to charge $300!

peapoo_bunny wrote:
got slinky to the vet today..took her when we took our dog mookie for flea shots.. anyway..sometime next week slinky has to have her back leg amputated..our vet said he would do it for free.. also i found out that the woman who told us that our vet didnt treat rabbits was wrong.. our vet does spay rabbits...he even does squirrels! he said he could spay peapoo for $130..im so happy!:bunnydance::bunnydance: the other vet was going to charge $300!
that's good news about the vet. Poor little Slinky. Glad you're taking care of her. How's she doing? Is she becoming friendlier?

Awww... Slinky is very cute. Do skinks regenerate their tails? If so, she might grow back that lovey blue tail! :) Good luck with the amputation surgery. And about your vet spaying Peapoo for $130... WOW! My vet charges around $275 for spays and $125 for neuters. Lucky duck!

slinky is friendly now..well...friendly compared to a wild skink.. she's used to being held alot since i have to hand feed her.. and yes they regenerate their tails.. hers is starting to grow back now...its more of a greyish blue..so i figured she's a girl..we havent taken her back to the vet yet..but we'll be calling for an appointment today or tomorrow

Back