paralyzed blue tailed skink

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peapoo_bunny

Reaction score
today i found a blue tailed skink.. it’s back legsand tail (only a little nub from where its tails broke of) are paralyzed, so i was wondering what i should do with it?

should i let it go(im afraid my dogs or cats would get it because it was reallyeasy for me to catch)?

or should i keep it? if so,what special needs wouldit would have? how/what would it eat etc? he/she can move around some by pulling with its front legs, but it can’t move around as good as all the others we have outside and its kind of slow. ive read over the care sheets onlots ofother websites. thanksfor the help!

its a skink not a skunk..like a lizard..do they spray?! ive never had one do that before!:shock:and ive caught them since i was a little kid:)

Oh! Sorry! I have never heard of a SkInk before! I automatically thought you meant a SkUnk!

Awww Lizzards are really cute. You should look after it! As it sounds as if it cannot survive on its own :(

No -- skinks don't spray :D

I had one a couple weeks ago that I kept for a while. Don't know what to do with an injured one though.

Pam

J.%2520Broad-headed%2520skink.right.jpg

We don't have skinks around here- we do have skunks, though! there's a family of 7 coming around lately... I'll try to get pics.

:threadhijacked sorry 'bout that! just had to add it! too cute for words... like a little parade

yeah that picture is what it is..just without the tail:)

no i dont think it could with my dogs..they can catch the ones that arent injured (i scold them because the lizards eat the bugs) so im sure they would get him/her.. they havent killed one in awhile, but im sure they couldnt resist a slow injured one:(...

i guess he/she can eat crickets? im not sure if he/she could catch them though? he's got a little heat lamp on one side of his cage right now.. and hes got a shallow water dish..and im going to mist the cage every other day (thats what the caresheets said to do)... so i think all i got to do now (if he's staying) is get some crickets or meal worms..any idea on what else they can eat? havent found a website that lists everything yet:?

I just looked it up and it said feed them canned Monitor/Tegu food? What ever that is.

Their diet should be 60% plant, 40% animal

Winter or summer squash, carrots, shredded raw parnsips, and fruit.

That is a blue tongued skink though, what is yours?

oh yer, i just read the title of the thread on my emails . DURR! :colors:

But surely all Skinks eat the same things? Like all dogs eat dog food! And biscuits ;)Dog or human.

well..i been reading on a reptile forum and they dont all eat the same thing:dunno..i guess ill have to convince my mom to go to petsmart and try to find some meal worms,crickets and that monitor/tegu stuff..i think he'll live if i can get the right food..i dont know if he could catch live bugs though?

feed it him wiv tonges. We fed the lizzards at college with tongs. We had to crush the meal worms heads first though before feeding it to them with the tongs:?.

i think he could probably catch a worm..but if not i will feed it to him

well..i dont have a ride to the store right now:(..cant get anything tonight.. but tomorrow mom can probably take me..she owes me for cleaning her bathroom today;)

THANK YOU PAM!!:bunnydance::wink:that site helped SO much!! and answered alot of questions about their diet that i couldnt even find on the reptile forum i joined!! i didnt even think to look on wikkipedia!

for now im just going to give it some rodent pellets and fish food.. then hopefully tomorrow i can get to petsmart and get some other food for it..and maybe a bigger cage..the one its in for now is kind of small..at least i think so:wink:

Linz_1987 wrote:
Omg they are TINY!! :DHOW CUTE!
it is really cute..especially watching it dig through the dirt! its little back legs just drag around and it cant flip itself back over if its on its back..poor thing:(..i guess im going to keep it for now im not really sure what mom thinks about it yet:)..but she did just go to the store and she said she would look for the monitor/tegu food:D

edit* i just remembered my little cousins are coming over tomorrow.so i wont be able to go to the store tomorrow either:(

Back