PANIC Marvin is sick!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proxima centauri

Reaction score
Yesterday evening I went to take care of thebuns like usual, but this time around, I found Marvin's cage soiledwith pee and poo. And Marvin lying down. She seems to have diarrhea andlets it go. She seems too weak to move and go in her litterbox.

I'm scared I'm going to lose her. What is happening to her?

I'm going to call the vet, but in the meantime, I'm worried.

:(

:yeahthat

If you haven't already, call the vet to make sure the office isopen. Tell them you're coming with an emergency, and leaveASAP.

:pray:

Yes, Pedialyte, get as much as you can inher. If you don't have any on hand, there's a homemade recipearound here somewhere. The real stuff is best, but you alsoreally have to work fast. (Gatorade is also an option).

sas :pray:

Here's one recipe...

class=titlegreenIngredients:
  • 2 quarts water
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 7 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1 packet Sugar-Free Kool-Aid
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
class=titlegreenDirections:
The salt substitute and Kool-Aid are optional. Store in therefrigerator. Be creative; use your special Kool-Aid to make ice cubesso it will stay cool in their bottle or sippy-cup. Or, inserttoothpicks into your ice cubes before freezing and make homemadepopsicles.

Here's another version for bunnies...

[font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"]Homemade Pedialyte ischeaper than buying it at the store and most of you have theingredients on hand.

• Ingredients:

1 quart of water
    2-4 teaspoons of sugar (or 1-2 teaspoons of fructose)
    1 teaspoon of salt
  • Directions:

Boil water, add sugar (or fructose) and salt, then stir. Let it cool down.
    Bunnies like it a little bit warm. Refrigerate what you do not use anddo not keep it more than 48 hours; make a new batch.
[align=justify]Bunnies who are not eating or drinking should be given30 cc/per pound of bunny/per day (e.g., a 5-pound bunny needs 150 ccper day). This is extremely important so the bunny doesn't getdehydrated until you can take the rabbit to the vet.[/align][/font]

If you're going to a non-rabbit savvy vet, it's presnting like Enterotoxemia.

Antibiotics, electrolyte fluids, probiotics and immediate fiber (Critical Care) are the best course of treatment.

You're going to really have to work quickly to nurse her through it.

Sending heavy 'get well'vibes your way.

sas

Thanks everybody for the support.

Unfortunatly, Marvin didn't even make it to the vet. She passed awaybefore I even started to attempt to help her with your tips.

I'm devastated. I cried like a child. I feel somewhat guilty.

I'm going to miss her so much.

IMG_1446_filtered.jpg

Marvin, I love you.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one... Not Marvin! :cry4:

It's truly awful. So sorry, Martin. :sad:

What an awful day in the bunny world.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. :(

It just really isn't fair.

:rip:little Marvin... you had an awesomelife. So sorry that itwas tooshort.You will be missed dearly aroundhere.

sas :cry2and the warren :bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5::bunny5:(ears still at half mast)

Back