Pam- Fur question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Pam, remember that I had Sebastian sheared whenhe was neutered a few weeks back? Well his coat is coming back in buthe's got these patches of really dark hair that is much shorter thanthe rest. His belly is like that and then some on his hindquarters and a few other spots. It is soooo doofylooking....It kind of looks like a different kind of hair!!!!I will try to get a really close shot outdoors in good light tomorrowwith the digital so you can see what I'm talking about, but do you knowwhat is going on?

okay, here is a shot I took earlier today and it kind of shows it alittle bit. It's not very clear becauseI didn't size it downhoping you could see the patches....

2v382

That's perfectly normal as the new coat comes in.The different types of hair shafts and different areas of the body willalso grow at different rates and it'll look rather uneven for a while.

Pam

Tsk, Ohhhh! Look at the little mon!!

:dude:

So Cute!

-Carolyn

Jan, he is usuallyso cute and he looks so silly! First it was the nakey bunnything and now it's this! Maybe we will have to knit him thatsweater...He's been so lovey though. Last night he was alllaid out across my chest while I watched TV. He was"chucking" as Buck would say. Every ten minutes or so hewould come up and cover my face with kisses then he would creep backdown and get comfy again! ;)

Raspberry, He could never look silly, not withthat face and those helicopter ears. It is just lovely theyway he is so affectionate with you, even if you do strip him naked andsoak him- hehehehehe (sorry, couldn't resist it)

Jan

Hi Lydia,

I think my lil' guy is a Heinz 57! Heobviously has lop in him. But usually only one ear lops! His coat hasbeen long and fuzzzzzzy thus far. His brothers looked nothing likedhim. They were short coats and short ears and no where near as cute ofcourse! :)We had him sheared this summer. I bumped a threadfor you named something or the other "aunt carolyn" that has twopictures of him. With and without his fur!

I just love your bunny, Raspberry Swirl. He hasgot to be the most cuddly bunny I've ever seen! What'd I give to haveone of my rabbits cuddle with me on the couch. They do like attention,but they are not lap rabbits. UnlessI have a raisin treat,then they're crawling all over me. Chompers surprised me by jumpinginto my arms at the vet the other day, cause he hates being held!

Trix (my mini rex) wrote:
Beautiful bunny! what breed is he? maybe i'll get one!

-Lydia

He could very likely be a purebred Holland Lop who inherited the wooledgene and also has a "tight" crown causing ear control. Boththese traits are not uncommon in purebred lines and we've had a numberof them ourselves.

Pam

Latest posts

Back