Pain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Jesse

Reaction score
A few weeks back I posted about my rabbit occasionally shaking which had me concerned. My post may have given the impression that it was quite bad but I reposted after watching her and recalled it trembling. Again that was not true and now it looks like a slight shiver. This may happen a couple of times a day but when I am not with her it could happen more often. This rabbit acts totally normal apart from the shivering. She eats, poops, runs and devours hay like its the only thing in the world. I know that a rabbit will shiver (and at times grind its teeth) if in pain. She does not grind her teeth. And if she is shivering as soon as I distract her she stops, usually when I offer her a stalk of hay. Again if it was pain would she want to eat? In my previous post I mentioned having had x-rays and a diagnosis of asthma and so on. But that does not seem to be the case as there are no outward breathing signs. My vet and I are puzzled but will try two days of Metacam to see if it is indeed pain.

Latest posts

Back