Paddy O'Hara the therapy rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww!!!!!!!!!!!! Being the handler of a therapy pet is a most amazing experience....the look on the people's faces whether it's nursing home residents or disbled children makes is so worth it. It's a bonus when the animal is something unusual or different like a rabbit or a supersized dog. My therapy dog, a Dane, passed away in September last year....I never thought of doing it again but with a rabbit...perhaps Nelson will mature into what it takes. Good job Paddy!

I have been involved in pet therapy for 11 years now. I started with a sweet cocker spaniel Nike who was so sad after loosing my older dog I needed to do something with him. He really perked up after a visit to a nursing home. We worked with a therapist who was a friend of mine until we found a group that was just getting started with pet therapy in the area I live in. I jumped on board to help start up the group. I actually assist with training therapy animals and I am a pet partnerevaluator for the Delta Society with an affiliate group called Therapy ARC.

I just retired Nike at 13.4 years old because he was ready. I got the rabbit hoping she would do it and she is perfect! I actually assist with training therapy animals and I am a pet partnerevaluator for the Delta Society with an affiliate group called Therapy ARC.

I should also say that I am actually employed to do some of the same things thru my full time job. It is very rewarding to engage people through animals.

Back