PA State Rabbit Convention Lebanon, PA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know myself and numerous others are not thrilled about the 5.00 entry fees. Thankfully I had a big bonus coming from work, otherwise I would have to be passing on showing there.

I am still very excited though ^_^

~Ginger :bunnydance:

I would like to know what made them do that. I know that they take pride in having over 12,000 entries every year, but if they pull a stunt like this...I wonder if it will effect attendence next year.

My mom shows Hollands, OakRidgeRabbits. She is new to showing..she really enjoys it though. You have probably talked to each other at a show before ^_^. It will be nice for her to meet more friendly holland people. ^_^

I know that I wll be cutting my entry down to 8 rabbits. Shown in both Specialty shows at $4 each and both regular shows at $5 each that comes to $144 plus hotels, gas and food. Whoever said that rabbits shows was an inexpensive hobby LOL.

Roger

I hear ya!! I am looking at about 200 dollars in entry fees. Thats for 11 rabbits, but thats 2 open shows and two Specialty shows. Thankfully the entry fees for my specialty shows didnt go up as well.

I have also decided that I will not be cooping my animals at the show. I am staying only saturday night in a hotel, so they can just stay in my Mom's truck(since she is coming with me.) They are used to being outside anyway, and her truck has a cap on it. A few comforters, and they will be good to go. If I werent already paying 5 dollars per entry, then I would have considered cooping..but I changed my mind once I learned about the 5 dollar entry fees.

I really wish they hadnt hiked up the entry fees...

I don't coop anyway. I have mini-rex and decent sized carriers so they stay in those. The coops are too open to other rabbits for my taste. Don't need one getting bit or having a sneezing rabbit next to them.

Roger

I can understand that 100%. Thankfully last year nothing like that happened with my Flemish. Of course I was cooped with other people that I knew and were friends with, and I knew their animals were healthy. I can totally understand though.

I love Castor Mini Rex ^_^...just wanted to throw that out there!! haha!

If you want one let me know LOL. I just advertised some to be delivered to Pa.

Roger

Latest posts

Back