oxbow vitamin tabs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoselynnB

Reaction score
Hi, I am now giving my bunny oxbow vitamin tabs daily. May I know how much vitamin tabs do you give your bunny? or any advise on that?

I give my bunny skin and coat, multivitamin and digestion vitamins.

Skin and coat to help him with his skin and coat
multivitamin for boosting immune
and digestion to keep his digestion healthy

Thank you in advance

In My Humble Opinion:

Maketing pitch. like so many human supplements. If you are feeding your rabbit a bad diet, supplements aren't goint to fix that. If you are feeding an ok diet - which is quite easy - they are unnecessary.

Some supplements can have adverse effects too.

Rabbits were domesticated as a lifestock that can thrive on simple things.

I do not know what kind of feed is availably in your country, and if there might be some reason to supplement because there's something missing, but it all hinges on what you feed.
The Philippines have a pretty active rabbit community, maybe you can get good info there for your kind of climate.

Last edited:
If you're feeding a good quality rabbit food pellet, they contain all the daily vitamins your rabbit needs, so an extra vitamin supplement is unnecessary and could possibly be harmful if too much is given. If you don't feed a vitamin enriched food pellet, then the oxbow vitamin tabs are likely fine though may still not be necessary, depending on the type and quality of hay you're feeding.

You would just follow the instructions that are on the package. You also would need to be free feeding a good quality grass hay that is green and a soft to semi soft cutting.

Latest posts

Back