Oxbow Pellets came in!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
When i'm switching Bud from the Timothy Complete(its not bad i've been informed but not the best either), to the Oxbowpellets, do I need to ween him off the others and make it a gradualswitch or do u think it'd be fine just switching when I fill the nextbowl up?

Thanks!

hmmm..even though theyre both timothy based, Ithink its still best to wean, just in case. I usually do it over aprocess of 2 weeks or so..just to be sure.

Little Bud sure is getting spoiled this week! Youre a great daddy :)

When I switched my boys to OxBow I used theinstructions on the back of the bag. It worked out pretty well. It'sbest not to switch all at once, that can cause GI problems.

Your bunny is also used to his food. If you're using the Bud pelletsthey have a higher fat/protein content than the OxBow which makes themmore palatable (tasty). The gradual switch will give them time to getused to the taste of the OxBow.

We actually just learned about changing the diet of pets in my animalnutrition classes at VetTech school. I'm so excited that I got to sharewhat I've learned!:)

-Amy

Latest posts

Back