Oxbow Papaya tablets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicyjuicee

Reaction score
I heard that they were pretty much "re-doing" them so they have been off the shelves for while. When will they be back? I'd really like to buy some papaya tablets but I have no idea what other ones to buy besides Oxbow.

I bought a bag of dried papaya at our feed store (dried papaya for humans would be just fine too, just make sure there isn't any added sugar) and my buns go crazy for it.

I want to say I've heard of members giving their buns papaya tablets intended for humans as well, but perhaps they'll chime in as I can't remember who it was.

According to an email I received from The Busy Bunny, the papaya tablets are supposed to be back in stock at the end of February. (They have been delayed once, though, so it's possible they might be delayed again.)

I cut all my papaya tablets in half and have been giving those out, to stretch them. Almost out, though. I may just try to find some dried papaya with no added sugar.

Some of the chewable ones for humans have lots of added sugar.

juicyjuicee wrote:
I heard that they were pretty much "re-doing" them so they have been off the shelves for while. When will they be back? I'd really like to buy some papaya tablets but I have no idea what other ones to buy besides Oxbow.
It looks like they'll be back early March:

Oxbow Introduces New Treats and Supplements
Posted: Thu, February 5, 2009

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phone: 1-800-249-0366
Email: [email protected]
URL: oxbowanimalhealth.com

(February 05, 2009 – Murdock, NE) Oxbow Animal Health is excited to introduce a delicious, all-natural new treat line, as well as two new supplements. Designed to provide wholesome nutrition as well as great taste, treats in the new Simple Rewards line are made from premium, wholesome ingredients. The new supplements, Daily C and Papaya Fruit Plus, taste great and provide guaranteed levels of active ingredients. Consumers can expect to find Simple Rewards, Daily C and Papaya Fruit Plus in stores by the beginning of March.

Simple Rewards is an all-natural, premium treat line, made from fresh fruits, vegetables and hay. Offered in four flavors, with no artificial color or preservatives, Simple Rewards treats are a healthy, natural alternative to the many sugary and preservative laden snacks on the market. “When it comes to treats, pet owners shouldn’t have to sacrifice beneficial nutrition and enrichment for flavor,” said Dr. Micah Kohles, DVM and Director of Technical Services. “The fresh, all-natural fruits and vegetables that go into Oxbow’s Simple Rewards allow owners to feed their pets a treat that’s both nutritious and delicious.”

In addition to the Simple Rewards treat line, Oxbow is releasing two new supplements: Daily C and Papaya Fruit Plus. Daily C is a veterinarian-recommended, stabilized form of vitamin C for guinea pigs as well as other animals that may need a supplement due to stress. “Because guinea pigs are unable to produce vitamin C on their own, it is crucial for their owners to provide it in a safe, nutritious and palatable manner,” said Dr. Kohles. “Oxbow’s Daily C lets guinea pig owners ensure that their animals receive the vitamin C they require for a long and healthy life.”

Papaya Fruit Plus is made from fresh papaya and pineapple (natural sources of digestive enzymes papain and bromelain), with guaranteed levels of added active enzymes. Veterinarians often recommend papaya and pineapple as supplements to aid in the rabbit digestive process. Designed specifically for small animals, Papaya Fruit Plus contains no simple sugars, such as sucrose or corn syrup, and is artificial color-and preservative-free.

The four new Simple Rewards treats are:

Simple Rewards Banana Treat: consists of 100% banana, harvested and freeze dried at the height of ripeness to ensure the freshest, best-tasting treat. Simple Rewards Banana Treats are a natural source of Vitamin B6 and potassium.

Simple Rewards Strawberry Treat: consists of 100% strawberries, harvested and freeze dried at the peak of ripeness to ensure the freshest, best-tasting treat. Treats are a natural source of vitamin C and contain natural antioxidants.

Simple Rewards Timothy Treat: made of high-quality, fiber-rich timothy grass hay, offering the fresh Timothy flavor and aroma animals love.

Simple Rewards Veggie Treat: contains a wholesome, oven baked blend of vegetables and greens. The vegetarian formula is low in calcium and protein, with a balanced protein to fiber ratio.

The two new Oxbow supplements are:

Daily C: a veterinarian recommended, great tasting, stabilized form of vitamin C for guinea pigs as well as other animals that may need a supplement due to stress. Daily C contains a guaranteed, stabilized amount of vitamin C.

Papaya Fruit Plus: made from fresh papaya and pineapple (natural sources of digestive enzymes papain and bromelain), with guaranteed levels of active enzymes. Papaya Fruit Plus contains no simple sugars, such as sucrose or corn syrup, and is artificial color and preservative free.

15dm5jq.png

(source)

Back