Overweight or health problems?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
So, I started noticing a little while ago that Bunster's belly is getting, well, round. No, I don't have any male rabbits. She doesn't seem over weight, but i don't know whats happening. I started giving her more exercise just in case. Is it GI stasis? I have a vague idea that GI stasis has something to do with gas. Will my rabbit be okay? I hope y'all know whats happening. I'm really worried! What are symptoms of GI stasis? How do I help her if it is?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2020-01-29 (3).jpg
    2020-01-29 (3).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3
GI stasis because of gas will often sound like the stomach bubbles, other symptoms is pressing the stomach to the floor, not finding a comfortable position, stops eating, droppings change shapes, hiding and so on.

A bloated stomach can also be a symptoms of parasite/worms.

Bunster has been eating, drinking and pooping, though her poop has been soft and big sometimes. As to her diet, she gets vegies in limited quantities. I give her Versele-Laga complete pellets (I love their pellets since there is no GMO, artificial flavors or preservatives) and she gets timothy hay. (No need to mention she gets an unlimited supply of water) Any ideas for what I should do now?
❤Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly Hermelin and Mariam+Theo ❤

Only a fourth cup pellets per day. And from the chart i saw her occasional poo is cecotropes. Well that clears up the poo. =D

Does she normally eat her cecotropes? I don't think she has Gi-stasis because she would be less active, and not excepting food. Can you send a picture of the big soft poops?

Latest posts

Back