Overnight Trip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think leaving him at home would be lessstressful than a long car drive. You could always have two waterbottles on hand and I am sure he would get over not getting veggies onthe second day.. but how would he get his pellets on the second day ifno one came to feed him.

Cristy

Dont be silly youre not over-reacting at all!! Your concern is totally normal!

I think as long as you are just going for an over night trip and youfeel confident your bun wont escape from his cage you can leave him athome with no real worries.

Just leave an extra water bottle like Christy suggested and if you feelreally guilty you can leave some extra veggies that night for him. andas long as your back the next day to feed pellets .. I dont think itgoing to be the worst thing in the world for your bun to have to wait acouple more hours to eat.

oh oh and dont forget to maybe leave him with a few extra toys so he wont get bored.

I think it much better to leave him in his normal situ. than bring himand stress him on that long of a drive where he is not familiar withhis surroundings...

wow! sorry this is so long!

g/l on your trip!

I recently left my girls alone overnight andthey were fine. I just made sure they had plenty of food andhay and a fresh water bottle. I changed the litter rightbefore I left too. They did, however, punish me for leavingthem by making an enormous mess in their pen.

I think leaving bunnies at home may be the way to go, get an extrawater bottle, extra hay rack and pellet dish. If your bunny has vegiesin the am maybe you could leave a small amount of vegies for him and hecan munch on hay and pellets for the rest of the time.

Be prepared for a bit more of a mess than usual, but I think he will befine, you said he has room to move in his house, so as long as he hastoys and plenty of food and water I think he'll be fine.

I don't think you are over reacting at all, it's a natural thing to worry after all he is part of your family;)

Latest posts

Back