Ovariohysterectomy Surgery Part 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
Video shows Dr. May of Pearland Animal Health Center in Pearland, TX spaying my rabbit, Stella.

Spoiler alert! Stella's spay was normal, no complications and she recovered just fine. If you watch to the end of the video, you'll get to see Honey "gallumph". :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/FastUpOnRabbitCare

Thank you for your comment. I think the more we know about the surgery, the less scary it is.

Thank you, Kizza.
I know what you mean. Before the spay I kept saying to myself, "I will not faint! I will not faint!...." Dr. May told me that if I did faint, I needed to faint AWAY from the sterilized table and instruments. :)

That was a great video. I've had many, many girls spayed and it was very informative to see exactly what the vet does. Next time I have a spay, I think I'll ask if I can watch. We have an awesome vet and I think she would be OK with it.

I have been pleasantly surprised by how willing to share their knowledge and techniques most vets have been. The prep and anesthesia took longer than the actual surgery did. Just remember, fall AWAY from the sterile table and instruments, if you faint. :)

Back