Outside sticks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph66419

Reaction score
So instead of spending money on getting sticks and pine cones and stuff like that at the stores. I'm wanting to just go outside and grab some stuff. But I don't want them to have any like pesticides or anything on it to harm peanut. So can I just wash the sticks and stuff in the sink and that should be good? Stupid question I know but I wanna make sure

If the trees, say like apple trees, were sprayed with pesticide, it would get into the wood and not be able to be washed off. I find wild growing apple trees in odd places like parks, green spaces, or around businesses that don't actually use the apples for anything and the trees don't get sprayed. There are other tree branches that are safe too and probably wouldn't have been sprayed with pesticide, like willows. Here's a link with more info: http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Food/Branch/Branch_en.htm

With pine cones, you can pretty much be sure they haven't been sprayed with anything so just washing them off at home is fine. I have bought sticks and pine cones before, but you can get bigger ones by looking around outdoors and they are free!

One caution on the pine cones... it depends on where you find them. If they are on the ground in a public area or even on someone else's personal residence, it's possible that they could receive overspray of weed killer if that was sprayed on the ground where the pine cones happen to be.

Latest posts

Back