outdoor hutches!! pics please!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another one of my hutches, also with 3sections. They have a cage section i the front, and a box with aremoveable roof on the back to get out of the weather. It looks kindashabby because it's made from scrap wood of all different colors butit's warm, sturdy, and dry.

Wow! I'm sooo happy to see that those of us with outdoor buns aren't getting yelled at! This is my hutch:

bunnyhutch.jpg

It's right outside our back door, which is the door we use. I visitthem MULTIPLE times a day, I even just sit on the ground and watch themeat or rest, they're just way too cute :)

Where I live it gets really hot, we're already in the 90's :( So duringthe heat the buns are inside... right now just in a large dog crate

catsrabbits3.jpg

That was actually just for the first two nights, we put it on the tableto keep the dogs away, but that of course doesn't stop cats! That crateis now in my spare bedroom (couldn't be those first few nights due tolack of space, which is fixed now), which is a dog/cat free zone.That's also where the buns get their play time, and I'm building them aNIC cage in there for bad weather. In good weather (next fall/winter) Ihope to have an outdoor run area for them... even if I have to startwith just using my dog's xpen! :)

Jessi

CheyAutRanch, where did youget that hutch, and what are the measurements? I'mcurious. It looks much nicer than the other pre-fab hutchesI've seen. Most of the ones in the US are super tiny andworthless.

$250 bucks for that thing. Its plenty a grand hutch,....I don't know if I'd blow a paycheck on it.

I want to make a disco for bunnies.
I think when I move out I'mma make an outdoor run around pen for thebuns and hang a disco ball in there and play kickin' tunes all day.(You think i'm kidding?)
:bunnydance: Look at him go.

-JAK

Yup! I like it and I'm sure Buddy likes itbecause he gets soo much space! When I feed Buddy I can just walk righton in and give him his food and even stay and play with him forawhile!:bunnydance:

This is our setup

watertower1-23117.jpg

and

watertower1-23116.jpg

in the morning i open all the cages and they can go out and in as theyplease andin the evening they all run in to get their foodand then I lock them in for the night.

No lifting of bunnies ideal !:bunnydance:

It is a shame that they can't stand each other so I can't lock thepuppypanels together so that they have an even bigger area to play in .

What took me by surprise how hot it is in their "bedroom" in thewinter. filled with hay and straw and all the bunnies huddled togetherit is actually very warm :)

i love your set up bunaparte. that is verycool:):bunnydance:i just adore those cages, i may either buy one ormake one of those myself.

Latest posts

Back