outdoor flooring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaxter

Reaction score
My rabbit was very happy in his new hutch(£200 !!) and run but today it has rained quite a bit,and the floor of the run sits on block paving and is wet he looked quite grumpy and spent most of the time in the bit of the run which is covered by the hutch this ground was wet but has a coir mat on it.

Anyway a have been looking on the net and wondered if a can use the type of matting called soft mat usually seen around swimming pools and shower rooms that way the rain should drain away under and through the mat,keeping a drier surface area for my bun to play on.
Any experienced bun owners who can tell me if it`s safe to use also to add he`s not a chewer of unedible materials!

Thanks Sue

Yes, that would probably be good, although I'm not 100% sure what it is. If he doesn't eat it, there shouldn't be a problem, especially if it's meant to drain water away. I have been using an indoor/outdoor rug that's a bit like a doormat in my inside cages. It absorbs moisture though, rather than wicking it away, but it absorbs it to deeper parts of the rug so that the top stays pretty dry.

Well i`ve ordered the new plastic floor tiles they are used around swimming pools they feel soft and comfortable and the underneath there are little feet,that make space for water to flow under so will update you all further when they are in situ and the heavens open !!

Back