Out of the Blue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and get this blog rolling, so to speak. I pick up my American Blue bun on Monday and I really am pretty darn excited! I usually don't name pets until I know them and come up with something that suits them, but names are on my mind. =)

Cage panels arrived a couple days ago and I've been arranging it since. I have a bunch of toys and chews ordered and on the way, but this is what we have so far. Suggestions welcome!

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

Hi Mish,

That's a great looking cage, one lucky bunny.

Can I make a suggestion, get cable ties to reinforce your cage. I honestly don't feel those connectors will hold in place. I use the cable ties they really make the cage very sturdy.

Also if possible I would put a dowel under the shelf to make it stonger.

Looking forward to seeing pictures once your baby arrives.

Susan:)

great advise from Susan, definately needs a bit of reinforcing to make it as sturdy as possible!! But you got a great start, looks like your bun will be very happy there. post some pics of your bunny, i have no idea what that breed looks like.

I do have a couple packs of zip ties which I will use, I used them on the door panels to make them swing. But my cats have been getting on top of the cage and it has not buckled under them amazingly. At least not yet. I ended up having to add the two panels to finish the top today, the last two mornings I've woken up to find my one cat had gotten IN the cage and couldn't get back out. =p

When bun comes home I will keep the door to this room closed so she can get used to being here before meeting my cats.

How many ties per edge do you use? And how do you attach the dowel rod? Just run it underneath and through the grid?

No worries, there shall be plenty of pics of her. =)

Bun is here! I spent nearly 2 hours at the breeder's farm looking at all their bunnies. Turns out I got a sunburn for my part. =p Oh well, it was still a great day, because I met some really awesome rabbits and brought one home with me as well. =)

I haven't finished reinforcing her cage yet, my hand was getting sore pulling all those zip ties tight. But the top is done, wanted to get that done first so that cats didn't collapse it by getting up there.

Anyway, on to the pics of bun's first day home!

Peek-a-boo Bunny!
bun1.jpg

My what large ears you have.
bun2.jpg

My what a long back you have!
bun3.jpg

Checking out the toys!
bun4.jpg

Pretty pose.
bun5.jpg

After hearty cage explorations, she has spent the rest of the day sleeping in her box, although she is starting to come out for a few pellets now that it's evening. I am so looking forward to many fun times with her. She's only 3.5 months old. =)

Thanks everyone. =)

She is spending more and more time out of her box, which is awesome, but she still backs away from me. I know it will take time.

I am thrilled, however, that she is using her litterbox correctly. Woohoo!

I am toying with the name Flye for her.

Latest posts

Back