OUT OF THE BLUE BUNNY NOT FEELING WELL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEASAR

Reaction score
HI NORMALLY MY APPROXIMATE 10 MONTH OLD HOLLANDLOP IS VERY ACTIVE, MAKES HIS "NOISE" WHEN EVER HE SEES ME COME,(ALTHOUGH HE IS DEAF) JUMPS UP ON THE CAGE DOOR TO SEE ME OR TO GET A KISS.....THIS EVENING OUT OF THE BLUE I WENT TO FEED HIM AND HE DID NOT COME OVER, HE JUST LAYED IN HIS LITTER PAN, VERY BLAH, DOESN'T WANT TO EAT....SO I TOOK HIM OUT SEEN HE HAD POOP STUCK AGAIN TO HIS BUT, TOOK MINERAL OIL AND GOT IT OFF, LET HIM RUN AROUND A BIT BUT STILL WHEN I PUT HIM BACK INTO HIS CAGE , HE IS ACTING THE SAME IF NOT WORSE!!!!! HE HAS NEVER ACTED THIS WAY BEFORE!!! WHAT DO I DO!! CAN'T GE TO A VET OR EVEN CALL TILL MONDAY!! I WARMED HIS WATER, EVEN GAVE HIM SOME PEDIALYTE WHICH HE DID DRINK BOTH, NIBBLED ON A TINY PIECE OF BROCOLLI BECAUSE IT WAS NEW, BUT THAT IS IT...JUST WANTS TO LAY IN HIS SLEEPING LITTER PAN, HE MOVES THE SHAVINGS OUT OF THE WAY AND STRETCHES OUT!!!

HELP!!!!

DEBBIE

When was the last time he ate? When was the last time he produced normal, well formed poop? Does he seem to be moving his belly around and looking uncomfortable? Is he grinding his teeth?

Do you have any or could you get any baby gas medicine with the ingredient simethecone in it? It works great with rabbits who are having gas issues. I would hold off on any new foods like broccoli because this could make the situation worse.

Hi yes i do have and gave 1cc simethicone, a teas far as i know this am, was fine this am wasn't till tonight that i noticed he wasn't feeling well...have him on a heat disk now gave him warm water and pedialyte, let him run around some, now still just wan s to lay on his belly...he had poop stuck like he normally does but it looked normal to me as far as i know..the brocolli was less than a dime size i just wanted to see if he would eat anything, also tried a tiny piece of pepper and endive, but not interested, did nibble on bro stem,two bites..won't let me massage belly either, tried that too!

thanks soooo much, i am a nervous wreck! i ahve not had a bunny since i was a child, i was given this bunny last july at 8 wks old from a bad abad pet store, he seized every hour....all i had to do was feed him and give him water and he has been fine, very active and loving till this evening!!

debbie

I would give him another dosage of simethecone. Sometimes it can take a dose or two to work better.

Is he taking the pedialyte willingly? You could try making a pellet mash sort of thing with the pedialyte and warm water to see if he will take that.

Just try to get him moving, keep bugging him trying to get him to eat, and give him another dosage of simethecone.

I have to go now, so hopefully someone else can help you more.

Im so sorry I missed this last night!! Is your bunny OK?

Just try to get him to eat, even if you have to use a syringe and force feed him. As Spring said, lay off the brocolli (besides being new, it can also cause gas).

Praying for your little guy :pray:

Well after i gave him and other heat disk, forced him pretty much to take more pedialyte and warm water, he is better thank god, came over to me and everything, still not 100 percent but thank god better than last night! They told me that because he has epilepsie that he will have a shortened life but i did not think his short, he is not even a year old!

I'm glad he's feeling better! It sounds like this is more from a gas problem than anything else. Have you given him any new foods lately? New veggies or treats, or a fast switch in pellets?

omg!!! yes as a matter of fact, i did have to switch pellets!!! they no longer carry thge ones he is used to so i had no choice, but i did mix it in! I am glad it was only gas too, should i still give him anti gas though??

OMG I'm in LOVE, that's one Beautiful bunny.

More pictures please.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

Adorable!!!

I would keep up with the gas meds and be sure he's eating..eating and poops are the most important thing right now.

I didnt re-read through the thread, so I dont know if this was mentioned, but exercise and tummy rubs help as well.

wow, it worked????? isn't he cute?? rabbits are the best aren't they!!! thanks for the compliment, i told him people think he is cute!

Back