our rescue mom brownie started to pull fur for her nest this morning!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
im really hoping every thing goes well forher! she has been here in rescue 5 days now. herdue date was yesterday , i got up around 5 am today to check onher. around 545am she started pulling fur and getting it inher nesting box. shes been pretty uncomfortable the last 2days poor girl, her belly is so big!! im guessingtheres at least 6 kits in there. i will keepeveryone posted on how she is doing and how the babies are once theycome.

here is a pic of her yesterday. you can see how big her belly is!

Kim 6 myButt I will bet on morethan that , from the size of her lol .remember Lightning , she stayedsmall thru the whole pregnancyand spit out 12 so you neverknow , Keep us updated , If her duedate was yesterday and she isas terrbaly uncomfortable asshe looks in that picture,, anddoesnt have them today I will suggestVetting her she may have a stuck Kit.

lmbo ok my guess is 8 lol hubby says6. her belly is huge so she will probably spit outlike 12 lolol im doing hourly checks shes reallypulling out her fur now and lineing her nest. if she doesnthave them by morning ill get her to the vet. ill keep yaupdated gypsy on whats going on. size wise is whats makingher move from laying on one side to the other side then sitting up thenlaying down poor little thing. you can tell she just cant getcomfy. shes had 3 previous liters with noproblems and the previous owners said she is an excellent momso hopefully there will be no problems :)

:groupparty:WE HAVE BABIES!BORN BETWEEN MIDNITE AND 3AM JUNE 7TH. MOM AND BABIES SEEM TO BE DOINGGREAT~ CANT TELL HOW MANY OR COLORS YET BUT AS SOON AS I CANTELL WILL UPDATE EVERYONE~ MOM IS VERY PROTECTIVE SO ILLPROBABLY LET THEM BE THE FIRST WEEK OR SO! ILL TRY AND GETPICS AS SOON AS I CAN AFTER SHE LETS ME NEAR THEM!!:stork:

comgrats KIM ,

If Moms protective asall get out have someone hold her headin submissive pose , and check the babies, you really need to check them beforea weeks time , you have toremove any little bodies if thereare any plus you need to b esure they are being fed. Bodies inthis heat will certianly account formore infectrions and more possibledeaths, keep me posted.

:shock: omg i let brownieout in the shed today petted her real good to get her scent on me so icould check the babies omg omgshe had 12 lmbo there all soooooooooooadorable. i will try and wait a day or two and seeif i can get some pictures of them :) ill keep updates of howthey are doing!!!

Congrats!!! Are they all ok? 12? Darn, I wouldn't wanna be a mama rabbit! ;) I have enuff trouble with 2 small ones!

so far everyone is looking good alllook around the same size. im going to let mom outeveryday so i can get the babies out to check on them. willtry so soon to get photos!!

ok here we go for names hehehe

jolt

7-up

rootbeer

squirt

soda pop

fanta

ginger ale

coke a cola

dr pepper

mt dew

r.c.

and

kick

lolol yes they all have pop names hehehehehehhe

:laugh:Gypsy was right after all!Congratulations on your healthy litter, Kim. Can't wait tosee pictures of the proud mom and babies.

Latest posts

Back