Our new girl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very true, Peg :).

It costs $99 for a spay at the vet I use for spays/neuters on my pets. I DID have the money saved up from selling hammocks as of the other day, but with my hours being cut short at work & trying very hard to save for dog grooming school....I had to spend some of to stock up on dog & cat food while it was on sale.

Ryan really likes me selling hammocks to pay for pet stuff :p. I was able to spend $260 to neuter my 4 pet rats earlier this year just by selling hammocks for 2 months or so.

I have $15 in my PayPal account right now and am selling an addition part of my rat cage in a few days (that I do not need anymore), so that will bring me up to $50. I just need to make up a couple of premade hammock sets for people to buy or people need to order some stuff from me...and then she can go in to get spayed :biggrin2:.

TinysMom wrote:
I think all the great couples in history (human and bunny) have fought hard and loved well anyway.

I'm sure they'll wind up bonding - it will just take time.
WOW that is so insightful!!!! I agree

I just got a hammock order on the rat forum, so I just need about $30 more for her spay :), providing the person buying my rat cage addition goes through with it. If not, then I'll need $60 more!

Fancy77 wrote:
Hey do u have more pics for your web??? I like the hammock Idea for my Hotots but I would love a pic.
What do you mean, lol? I haven't ever made a bunny hammock before, but it is just a large rat hammock, so it can't be that hard. Do rabbits even use hammocks?

Ya It was a thought. One of my hotos loves to be high up on stuff I thought I would see if he likes it..I mean he is only 2 lbs. I guess I could make my own but I have so many quilts to do I was not too interested in doing that too. Like I said just a thought

I'm trying to think of what you could use to secure the hammock to the cage. Do you have a NIC cage? Maybe thicker zip ties would hold it, if your bun is only 2lbs.

For bunnies, I'd probably add in a layer or two of batting, to make the hammock nice and comfy!

Oh, and I have new pictures of Molly, but I am going to upload them here tomorrow after work. I need to start watching my back episodes of The Life of the American Teenager on hulu, so I am not awake until 1am and late for work in the morning because of it :p.

Ugh, not a lot of the pictures I took tonight came out good. Most of them were out of focus because this little girl loves to run, run, run! I will have to try again when the lighting is better, so I can use my favorite setting on my camera.

Here is 2 really cute pictures, though ;)....

4091793626_0c4b721d34.jpg

4091030663_f86684a58a.jpg

She is quite cute, isn't she?

She got play time in the hallways/laundry room/spare bathroom because Marlin and Brody played last night. I am so thankful that I can let Marlin and Brody play at the same time....they do not fight in large spaces, but they probably would after a while in the bun room (if allowed to run in there).

Molly honked at me and nipped my knuckle this morning! I think she was ticked because I wouldn't let her back out of her cage. I believe she had a blast running around when she escaped and fought with Morgan. I sure hope her and Morgan bond, as I know she is going to love free ranging!

On a side note, I scheduled her spay for Friday November 20th....so next Friday :D. I sure hope I can raise the other $30 I need before then, but if not, she will still get spayed.

Back