Our new bunny had babies this morning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happens to the best of us. My daughter showed a little Mini Rex girl, 4 months of age. Within 2 weeks, she got two legs towards her GC under two different judges. Then we showed under Cindy Wickeiser... Cindy DQ'd and told her it was a Buck... and it was! How embarrassing for my daughter...

Oh my goodness, good thing you guys are telling me all of this. It could turn out like my cat - We had a female kitten we named Charlette. At about 4 months of age Charlette took a change towards the not so feminine side.

His name since thenhas beenChief.

Have you got any pictures of the babies and mummy?

BabyBunnies wrote:
Have you got any pictures of the babies and mummy?
Oh yes, I have lots of pics. I just have to get them time to upload and & change the size of the images. Once I do I will post them. :biggrin2:

I can't wait to see them! I haven't seen baby rabbits for such a long time.

How is the little one who was caught in the mat doing?

Here's a pic of mommy Zoey.

zoey.jpg

The baby who was strangling so far is doing okay. He is eating and looks good. His head still has a little edema though. We will have to keep an eye on him & hope for the best.

Here is a pic of the babies on the day they were born.

bunniesfirstday.jpg

Nice Nest! Cute bunnies!

Friday Update: Day 10

The babies continue to do well. Their eyes opened today & they occasionally are found out of the litter box trying to get back into the nest.

So I need yourexperience again, how do I proceed now that they are becoming more active?

The side of the box is about 2 1/2 inches high and they seem not to be able to get back in. They try to climb but seem to more bump their heads on the side of it than anything else. We've put them back in 2x so far this afternoon. What am I to do?

Zoey's food & such is on her second level, babies are on the ground level.At what age of the babiesare they to have access to her food and should the food be whole? Should I move her food back to ground level? If so when?

Also, should I put something on the bottom of the floor of the cage for them to walk on? If so, what type of material? Their feet are so tiny and we have a wire floor.

If anyone has a link to a site that can explain this all to me it would be great too. I have been surfing the net but having a hard time finding a timeline for the babies development.
Any advice would be great. :biggrin2:

At this age the babies are going to be wanting out of the nest box to explore. I would make a little step in front of the nest box for them to crawl up and into the nest with.

I would have mom's food available at this time. Once their eyes are open they will start to nibble on solid food. I always had lots of hay and pellets available to babies at this age.

As for flooring, you could put down a little bit of card board for them to sit on. I've never had a wire floored cage, so I'm not too sure what else to suggest. Perhaps someone who has will have some more suggestions.

--Dawn

Did the seller ever get back to you?

Wire flooring isn't that good for any rabbit's feet. If you still want a mesh effect, you can get some stiff plastic mesh that's used for needlepoint.

Latest posts

Back