Our furry pack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganH

Reaction score
We have a bun named Rose L. Rabbit! She's brown, upright ears, 3-4ish years and about 8 lbs. She has such a lively and friendly personality, and loves to get into trouble. She's free-roaming in our apartment but has her own 3 level condo that she guards diligently.

Sadly, her bonded sister, Penelope, passed away in early January. She was a black lop who loved the simple things in life, like snuggling with Rose and eating parsley. She came down with E. Cuniculi, and we lost her after a long battle with that and its complications. Poor girl! We were heartbroken for her and for Rose... Rose is a real trouper, and she gets plenty of extra cuddles these days. I'm new to this forum - partly to deal with her loss.

And Rose has two furry friends still keeping her company, in addition to us apes ;). Biscuit (orange) and Cocoa (calico) are also with us. Cocoa is afraid of Rose and steers clear, but Biscuit really wants to be friends. Rose lets him cuddle up until she catches a whiff of his breath, and gets (understandably) grossed out. Do any of you have rabbits who hate cat breath?
image.png IMG-0833.JPG

Welcome! I'm so sorry about Penelope :(, but I'm glad that Rose has been handling it well! My cats and rabbit get along, but Theo has never smelled the cat's breath before. That is so funny that she hates his breath!

So sorry to hear about Penelope! They are so cute. Our cats have been scared of Bunster. That is until our kitten came along. In the beginning she was terrified of Bunster, now she plays (cat version) with her whenever she gets the chance. I don't think she understands Bunster isn't a cat. She annoys Bunster sooo much. :D

It is funny about the breath because that is what they want to do - sniff each other, and then Rose is horrified. When we first introduced them, the rabbits wanted to smell the cats tails and the cats wanted to smell the rabbits ears, which was funny and cute.
Oh wow! Kittens are a handful and I can totally see a bunny being annoyed :') Bunster is a great name for a bun!

Back