Our bun riped her (pinky) nail out completely

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBunch

Reaction score
just today she somehow riped it completly off. don't know when or how it happened, as the blood puddle on our rug was my first clue. after checking her and her sister over, I realized it was her foot that was bleeding.. and furthermore the bleeding was coming from where her nail used to be. she and her sister were grooming her, and it stopped bleeding, but it seems very tender to her (as i'm sure it would be if we humans did the same). anything I can do to provide comfort to her?

BunnyBunch wrote:
just today she somehow riped it completly off. don't know when or how it happened, as the blood puddle on our rug was my first clue. after checking her and her sister over, I realized it was her foot that was bleeding.. and furthermore the bleeding was coming from where her nail used to be. she and her sister were grooming her, and it stopped bleeding, but it seems very tender to her (as i'm sure it would be if we humans did the same). anything I can do to provide comfort to her?
do you have a cat.??-my cottontail,,lost the war butwon the battle,,right rear toenail--ripped out(kicking)-and,yes.-a small pool of blood,,healed on its own,,though i was horrified and just kept a careful eye on his condition.//.they say keep flour on hand when trimming nails-just in case of bleeding(flour will basically seal the area)...you can bet it will be sore,,but my rabbit still walked around on it...sincerely james waller:wave::rose:

Latest posts

Back