Our big adventure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucktooth

Reaction score
6.5 years ago (will be 7 in August) I found this forum and begged you all for help. I work as a RVT and a client had a basket of 1 day old buns that were orphaned. With help from you all here, I attempted to hand raise them, and one of them made it! Also special shout out to JBuns for pretty much holding my hand through it all.

Her name is Storm, and for the last 6.5 years she's been super healthy. She has a great diet and a great life. She loves running the bunny 500 on top of me when I'm sleeping haahaa

3 weeks ago I woke up and all her food was still in the dish, and there was no poop either. She was having a horrible molt and so I assumed wool block. I've been feeding her critical care around the clock and doing sq fluids and metacam and cisapride with little improvement. Usually gut stasis improves fairly quickly for me. So a week passed and I took her to the vet and they ran blood, did x-rays and check up all while under sedation and didn't find much wrong. Her teeth looked good. We did not think to do dental x-rays though.

So I asked for a referral to the veterinary college at the university. Our appointment was this past Tuesday, exactly 3 weeks after this all started. They did more blood and an exam and found the same thing my work did, nothing. They said she had very mild dental disease and we can book a dental to see if it helps.

The university is 3 hours away and I drove there in the dark and the freezing rain and snow, through multiple car accidents to get there and I was like no way, I'm not leaving until we do the CT scan please do it today, I literally begged them. And guess what, her jaw bone is being eaten away by bacteria 🙈. So now she is going to be on three pain meds and 2 antibiotics which they have put in the mail for me. I have to schedule a dental in 2-4 weeks.

Storm ate all her greens last night a little hay! I am letting her have some alfalfa hay too because it's better than no hay at all.

I guess the point is, if the teeth look good, they're not always good, and you can't always palpate an abscess. I hope she can get all the way better! Screenshot_20210318-053105.png

Thank you for reading all of your support over the years ❤️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210317-223157.png
    Screenshot_20210317-223157.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210318-060929.png
    Screenshot_20210318-060929.png
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 3
Thank you! She ate a bit of romaine lettuce last night, she's been having very soft splatty poops, I think one of the antibiotics is compounded in an oil suspension . We have her dental booked at the university on April 20th so fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back