Oscar again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leslie1022

Reaction score
so he stopped eating at about eight. he's been pushing his belly to the floor so im thinking gas. i gave him 2 doses of oval baby gas medicine, he has one dose left:( i know its not too serious yet but i can tell he's uncomfortable. im gonna get my electri tooth brush to massage his tummy. He has been pooping and peeing so it's not too serious any suggestions or just some prayers/ happy thoughts would be very appreciated. :( poor boo

i dpnt have pedialyte on hand:( Oscar doesn't take kindly to pumpkin and the closest open store is an hour away:( I'll give him another couple hours than i'll send hubby. I hate when he's sick. At least things are still moving.

You don't need pumpkin yet, he has been eating and pooping, no stasis issues, don't worrry abotu that for another day or so.

Sounds like gas, though, you're right there. How much Simethicone are you giving him? I'm finding mine do better with higher amounts or the adult stuff instead of the baby stuff, butsometimes it takes a while to get rid of it.

It really takes persistant tummy massages or vibration therapy, and some exercise. If it's really bad, you may want to try pain meds.

Most of mybunny's attacks last six hours or less, but he's gone 12 hours or more looking like death warmed over.

The gas seems to only remain at bay for as long as I'm massaging or keeping him moving, it reforms pretty quickly.

Can you hear loud gut sounds?

Poor bunny. :(

sas :clover:

thanks for responding pipp.

No loud sounds from his belly. He has been streching out so thats good:) He has been moving quite a bit. He just jumped down from the second level of his nic went over to get some water and changed his mind:( Now he's sitting in front of it. I offered dill, mint, carot tops, and oats. So far nothing. A minute ago i offered him a pinch of oats and he went for it even took it in his mouth than changed his mind. At least he's thinking about eating! I'm getting tired but i just cant sleep til he eats. I'm giving him another 10min before his next dose, and righ after that dose i will massage his tummy.

:( Poor poor bunny:( I hope he starts eating soon.

This for sure is not one of the worse gas attacks though i think i might see eating soon, i hope i hope!

he just went into the liter box again! gas meds must be working

woohoo i have a bunny eating cecals! i think thats what he's doing down there i hope!

Can you put your location in your profile? It helps re: determining what time it is there and what meds, etc, you may have available to you. :)

Thanks, and happy he's looking better! (As you're aware I'm sure, keep your eye on his poops. Just a wee bit concerned you're not hearing gut sounds, you should hear the gas).

sas :bunnydance:

I'll take a listen again. I'll update my profile i had to get a new account the other wasn't working but for now i'm in ontario canada.

Just gave him his third of oval(baby gas med)dose in three hours. Still not hearing the gas. Couldn't rub his tummy with the toothbrush it was too loud, it scared him this time.

Right now he's at six hours without eating

Yeah i do, thanks angelsnuffy! I was thinking i's wait another half hour for that. I just picked him up to give him his med, i dont want him to be stressed. He just cleaned his face, i'm thinking he's pulling threw now. He's in a bit of a loaf but doesn't look too uncomfortable. What do u think? Is it okay to wait the half hour?

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Do you have a dryer you can turn on and put him on, in a towel (the dryer vibration alone sometimes helps gas issues)? It might help a bit.;)

:yeahthat: Could help a lot! (AndI forgot to mention that keeping him warm is important).

I'd go for it now, too, because you really don't want to give the gas a chance to reform and put him though another bout of pain.

sas :)

Okay so i out him on the dryer for about 15-20min. We just got back upstairs to his room. I brought him up some fresh veggies. He's just getting settled, im hopin he'll eat them soon.

Come on Oscar:(

I have an eating bunny!!!!!!!:biggrin2: Just a pinch of oats and a piece of dill, he's cleaning himself up, i think he'll be going to that washroom again shortly and than eating!! I think the dryer really helped! I'm glad we went right away:) Thank you so much angelsnuffy and pipp, i'm glad you were here!!! Just gonna wait up until he eats a little more.

xoxox

Oscar's back to his old self. About 2min after my last post he was acting as though he was never sick! Climbing on me, running arround, lots of kissing and a few "i love you nudges" I've been keeping a very close eye on him. Just a little gas i guess:) I'm so happy he's better i hate when he's not well. Thanks again guys:)

Latest posts

Back