Orange spot in rabbits ear?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
I was petting Ash today and I noticed an orange spot in his ear
php9ptla4pm-7030.jpg

is this something to be worried about?

Too many carrots, he's turning orange!! :p Honestly though, my best guess was a spot of urine or something. I would keep an eye on it, it may be something that has stained his skin and will fade with a bit of time, otherwise if it doesn't go away, might be worth a check-up.

So strange, I noticed a few of these in my bun's ears today as well! I think it was urine, couldn't actually wash it off but I am suspicious that my other bunny has been peeing on his face (how odd ...)

So strange, I noticed a few of these in my bun's ears today as well! I think it was urine, couldn't actually wash it off but I am suspicious that my other bunny has been peeing on his face (how odd ...)

Hmm, so I guess Ash isn't the only bunny with an orange spot. Maybe some bunnies just have it, I'm not too worried. And maybe you are right maybe it is urine spots.

Keep an eye out for ear mites. It is similar in color to the crusts associated with ear mites. Also, take a good look deep in the ears if you can.

Latest posts

Back