Orange pee?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali Siewert

Reaction score
im pretty sure it’s the pigmentation from plants, but my bunny has had it for going on 4 weeks. When she pees it’s yellow but as it drys, that’s when it turns orangey red. I thought maybe it’s from the treats she has but I haven’t given her them in about a week but it’s still red.

It's natural with rabbits, their pee can range from near white to red without really any problem.

im pretty sure it’s the pigmentation from plants, but my bunny has had it for going on 4 weeks. When she pees it’s yellow but as it drys, that’s when it turns orangey red. I thought maybe it’s from the treats she has but I haven’t given her them in about a week but it’s still red.
dear ali siewert,-the urine from rabbits can change color,-carrots can cause a temporary change,-rabbits are strictly herbivours,ie.grass eaters,{timothy/orchard}-mandatory for teeth and gi tract,--vegys are merely treats..the important thing is recognizing that it is temporary not a medical emergency--sincerely james waller

Well, there's even that Pee Of Horror, that makes you think Freddy Krueger payed a visit :D

There are several plants and stuff that colours their pee, like dandelion, it's completly normal.

Latest posts

Back