Orange Coloured Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is a bit of a strange question, but my rabbit, Smudge, seems tohave orange/pinkish coloured urine. She seems fine, bright,dodging around, no problems on the toilet front.

She is eating plenty of fresh grass (spring has arrived at last) and timothy hay.

Does anyone know if this is unusual or should be checked into.

Thanks

you are feeding him/her fresh grass from outside?if so it may contain pesticide without you even knowing. go toyahoo.com or ask.com and search for rabbit wheatgrass. and get that forher/him...Its healthy and yummy for them. second i dont think thatwould change the color of her urine. if it was pesticide grass shewould be sick not just her urine different colors. My bunnies have hadthat too but no biggie it clears up after like a day. its just hersystem cleaning out. how long has it been that color? if its beenawhile i would call the vet.

Rabbits will have redish colored pee now and then. Mostly just diet related. If it continues see a vet.

Ed

The one thing ihave found with Orange coloredurine is If you feed carrots on a dailybasis it will turn their urineorange , Outsdie bunnies in thewinter benifit from carrotsdaily inside bunnys should belimited. If your feeding carrots there inyour problem is.

Latest posts

Back