Opinions wanted/ Apt Rental

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clutter is clutter. Sometimes when I get busy the dishes pile up and things get tossed everywhere. It was the same when I lived in my apartment. There were times I was so sick that I didn't even care about cleaning anything including the rabbit pen. I had only one complaint about an odor in the almost eleven years I lived there. I took care of that. When I moved out I spent a week cleaning includingstains on the kitchen floor and the eleven year old carpet. I even repaired the plaster that some bun pulled off the bathroom wall. I did tell them that the carpet needed to be replaced. Long story short I did have to pay the $250 for repainting and administrative fees. Those fees were in the lease, which I broke.

I always received notice that maintenance was coming. I kept all the receipts of all maintenance completed. No one complained about the five rabbits in the apartment.

Anyway I think you and your landlord need to talk. I wonder if she wants someone else in the apartment.

I'm guessing that they feel you have done significant damage to the property. I would get a list of the alleged damages. They might make you pay for the damages beyond what is covered under the security deposit.

Alandlord cannot evict without just cause. Keeping an apt or house untidy is not justification for eviction (lol...you should see my brother's apt, you can't see floors or counters, and one room is almost floor-to-ceiling clutter jammed in). The landlord would have to prove that the state of the rental unit is a health threat or is in such a state of disrepair that it is deemed uninhabitable until fixed up. A landlord certainly cannot complain about the state of a tabletop, etc. And yes, they have to give at least 24hrs notice to enter, and have to have good cause for that entry.

Most places ask for security deposits (usually in the form of last month's rent); any damages incurred when the tenant moves out are deducted from the deposit. In Canada one also cannot be evicted for keeping a pet any more (used to be, years ago, that the presence of a pet was grounds for eviction if pets were not allowed); the landlord can only ask for a pet to be removed if there are too many in the rental (I think it's over 3 in this area), or if the pet is disturbing other tenants and/or causing undue damage. Sounds like your landlord was nitpicking at anything just to get you out of there.

Since I haven't read all of the posts (cramped for time), I'm confused and have probably missed something that was already said...did you win the case and getan eviction noticeanyway?

But how can the landlord force you to leave if you won the eviction case? If you won the case wouldn't that negateany notice to vacate thepremises? :?He'd have to have a justifiable reason...

Latest posts

Back