One small eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase

Reaction score
I just a got a rabbit, he's a flemish giant. I already have a blue eyes lionhead.
I was told originally that the rabbits were not set to leave till Feb 29, but i got him Feb 12, as i was told they had been eating and drinking on their own for a week already. They were apparently 7 weeks old when i got mine. When i got him home i noticed that his one eye is smaller then the other. And I have been watching his behavior, he seems other wise healthy, he has a good appetite. I introduced him to my lionhead in the evening, and the 2 seem to get along great, and he hops around and follows my other one. His vision doesn't seem to be affected as he seems to use both his eyes, I did notice for the first couple days his urine was sort of chalky white, but that went away in a couple days. I took my other rabbit to the vet before i got the new one, and the vet i took him too, didn't seem to know a whole lot about rabbits. So i'm trying to find a vet that actually is experienced with rabbit in my area, but it looks like i may have to go for a bit of a drive to find one.

thank-you, i wasn't sure about that, but i have been keeping them separated. They play in the morning together for a bit, and then in the evening, they do like sleeping beside each other. But they are in separate cages. I did move the cages together (but they are still separate) after a couple days, and they both end up sleeping right next to each other.

Chase wrote:
thank-you, i wasn't sure about that, but i have been keeping them separated. They play in the morning together for a bit, and then in the evening, they do like sleeping beside each other. But they are in separate cages. I did move the cages together (but they are still separate) after a couple days, and they both end up sleeping right next to each other.

Separate is when the two bunnies are in two different rooms(different airspace ideally). Many diseases are spread through the air. But you should be ok :) Sounds like your well on your well to bonded bunnies!

He sounds just fine. I don't know about the one eye smaller than the other an it's affect, but he sounds like he's having no problems and is settling in nicely with your other bunny.

Wishing you the best. Hoping for a true bond for your bunnies.

K :)

Regarding keeping them separate, I did with Neville and Willard just to watch if there is any sickness. That's what quarantine time is. Plus I think it's good for new bunnies coming in and for existing bunnies to know but not see the new arrival. Bunnies are fickle and change makes them a bit nervous. So far, so good.

Latest posts

Back