One Singleton?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weedflemishgiants wrote:
weedflemishgiants wrote:
weedflemishgiants wrote:
newbaby11days004.jpg

newbaby11days001.jpg

10 Days. Eyes open and it is huge. Think it may be a doe.

This particular line has always been huge anyway. Her greatgrandfather weighed 22lbs when he was registered at 14 months. Her grandmother weighed 18 lbs when she was registered at 11 months. Her name was just Big Sandy.

So big is what this line does anyway. But I think this may be the first singleton in any of the line's litters so she should just be enormous. I'm keeping an eye on her back legs but I have been assured by many FG breeders that splay legs are not a huge worry in FGs.

newbaby11days003.jpg

I added this third picture cause it is from a different angle. It gives a better view of just how big this bunny's head really is. LOL
outofthenestboxday12003_edited.jpg

New pictures for day 14. These were not good pictures this morning, but he is a handful. I had to remove his nestbox already 10 days early as he has abandoned it and is all over the place. I decided it was dangerous for mommy to have the nestbox inside. So now he sleeps in a bed of hay.

The new pictures are at the baby album http://www.weedflemishgiantrabbitry.com/roses_baby/

I hope I can get better ones this afternoon.

In the past I've taken daily pictures from day one to ten then at one month and then two and three. But this time I am going all the way through. It is just interesting watchig them grow. Look how fat his front feet are in the last pictures though. LOL What a tub.

Refusingnestboxday14001.jpg

Come to think of it, that's even the color my FG was. We named her Brindy because of her coloring. Beautiful shots. I can't wait to see how big the baby grows!

He sure is cute! I didn't realize he was a flemmie until I read some recent posts! No wonder he is so big!

so here I am with binker stinker (that's his new name) and the evans register pops up with a reminder to wean him. So I'm thinking boy time flies when shoveling rabbit manure, but I take him out and put in a play pen for a couple hours by himself. And I'm watching this rabbit and doubts creep in. He just seems really really young a real baby. So, .... I take him and put him on the scales and he pops up five lbs. So then I'm reallyscratching my head.

And I get out the calendar and count the days and it is only SIX weeks not eight so I don't know why evans said to wean. And I guess I bought into it cause he is so huge anyway. But I put him back in with mom. We will see what he is like at eight weeks.

That was a real mind boing flip. And now I am wondering how long my Evans has been set to wean at six weeks?

But I have nother litter due this week, so I need to get a little less scattered here brain wise.

You can change the settings for each breed in Evans. It is set for 6 weeks as a default, but you can set each breed differently, according to what you want. I wean Flemish at 8-10 weeks, but the Mini Rex get weaned at 6. I put nest boxes in at 27 days for Mini Rex but 29-30 for the Flemish.

Check your default settings for each breed.

Ah you know I never checked it? Which means I have been weaned the last litter too early. AAARFFGGGH

And I was wondering why it always told me to put the nestbox in so early. That advice I ignored. LOL

Thanks. I'll go change my defaults.

Okay. Got my defaults all set. Oh poor rabbits. Hmm. I guess that means that Rose was NOT late delivering binker stinker. All that worry for nothing.

Cathy- Randy Cunningham called me yesterday. He is concerned because our club webpage is not up yet. Have you just not gotten to it yet?

It has taken this long to get our breeders to go with a webpage in the first place. Most of our biggest breeders who will remain nameless here don't even know how to check their e-mail. LOL.

Randy and I are really trying hard to pull the California Club into the 21st century. LOL

Help!!!Get us online.

Latest posts

Back