One pink eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola13

Reaction score
So we got Zentor fixed yesterday morning and when we picked him up later in the afternoon his eyes looked a little pink. I just assumed it was because he was under anesthesia and they were just irritated or somthing. today I gave him some of his medication and I noticed that his left eye is still pink and he keeps shutting it like its irritated. Now another note is that the vet must of put somthing on his eyes because the fur around them was like wet looking. anyways, is this a problem that I should askthe ver aboutor is this normal?

thanks, Alora

I just sent you a pm :)

There is a gel that is placed in the rabbit's eyes when they are anesthesized which would make the eye look wet yesteday. The gel protects the eye so it will not dry out
I had a similar situation with my rabbit after a dental procedure.My rabbit developed an infection in one eye . The only thing we could determine was that possibly his eye was hitting the surface of the table or something during the procedure. This particular eye problem cleared up with an antibiotic eye salve.
I would watch the eye for a few days and it may just clear up on it's own but if it doesn'tI would take him back to the vet.

Yeah, the vet accually just called to check up on zentor and when i told her about the pink eye, she told me the same thing. she said she would tell the vet.

I also thought that it might have gotten irritated because he just got his nails clipped while he was under. maybe when he iches his eyes with the clipped nails is hurting? i dont know. Ill keep a watch on him though...

Latest posts

Back